Maybe Not Amanita Muscaria?

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
Tricia J

Maybe Not Amanita Muscaria?

Post by Tricia J » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:23 am

Hello everyone. 1st time here.

I can't find A.M. in my area (maybe wrong season or bad climate conditions) so i bought 28g online (Washington A) from ***vendor name removed***, because it was a supposed to be a trustworthy source.

It arrived almost 1 month after ordering (I live in Portugal). There was a very nice sweet fragance coming from the plastic bag.

I noticed the specimens weren't hard dry, so to be safe, I dried 1/2 ounce on the hoven, at 60ºC / 140ºF until it was fully dry, up to the point of cracking with my fingers. then i powder it and add it to my milk with honey cup.

Absolutely nothing happened. No reaction whatsoever. Either good or bad.

So i ask 2 questions:

- Maybe it was not A. muscaria what I received on the mail? Do you have experience with this vendor?

- Or, maybe i have cooked it thus it lost all hallucinogenic properties?

Your insight is much appreciated.
Thank you !
Tricia J.

fmrc

Re: Maybe Not Amanita Muscaria?

Post by fmrc » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Hey Tricia. Good to see you made it over here. I can tell you that real Amanita muscaria when dried out, really do smell good. They many times remind me of good roasted peanuts. This is because they contain Ibotenic Acid. A most potent flavor enhancer. Usually, one large mushroom is enough to give you the "drools", a bad side effect from these mushrooms. They would have still had a reddish or bright orange color even after being dried. Their gills and stalk would have been a light color. Certain bands of UV light from the sun transform Ibotenic Acid into Muscimol, the principle active. For the best recreational use, they should be sun dried. If they were always kept in the dark and collected from shady areas, they may not have been very active in the first place. Not being there, it is hard to say what the problem was. I find it troublesome that you seem determined to try these mushrooms. I think I can safely say, to me, they are not worth it. Many years ago I ate one. Never again. They are nothing like Psilocybin mushrooms, and I mean "nothing". I have talked to over 2000 people who have ate these. Only 10 of them ever ate them a second time. I have also seen posts where people said they did them a second time. Here on the Gulf Coast, they fruit around the time of the first frost and always under their host tree, a Pine Tree.
This is usually toward the end of November thru the first part of December. As you go up north along the East Coast, the fruiting time gets earlier. Sorry, I cannot come up with when or even if, you can find them in Portugal. They seem to fruit all over the world, so I would say, they would fruit there. One thing for sure, you want to check Pine Tree stands (Some report finding them under other trees, but I have not), and rains are not important to see them as they get proper moisture from the roots of the tree. slp/fmrc

Tricia J

Post by Tricia J » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:48 am

Thank You for the feedback fmrc.

This may sound crazy, but here it goes:
I had a deep religious crisis and I said to God that if He wants me back, He has to show me what biblical "manna" is as well as the 12 tree of life fruits. Then Amanita muscaria showed up.
It made some sense, but not totally. But i had to try it anyway.
maybe this no-reaction is God showing me what is not "manna". (laughing)
I have heard about Psilocybin, but i tough it was only for fun, like cannabis. I'm not looking for that type of fun. my soul is in need of a spiritual experience.

Just for fun and curiosity, I took the remaining 1/2 oz and started 4 experiments (let's see how these evolve)

I soaked AM in water with honey and left it for 10 hours, covered only with cloth. The liquid extracted was divided into jars:

1 jar containing pine pieces
1 jar containing pine pieces water
1 jar containing cooked barley
1 jar containing cooked barley water

All jars covered only with cloth.

The soaked AM was left to dry in a terracota vessel. i want to study its behaviour and what sort of mold appears. I will then take it to lab for analysis - this will clear all doubts i have concerning the claims of Ambrosia Society.

I will try to post updates here, whenever possible.

Thank you again and take care
TJ

fmrc

Post by fmrc » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:32 am

You will find this thread most helpful in your search:
http://www.entheogen-network.com/forums ... =31&t=7417
slp/fmrc

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Im confused on the date of this thread and why how its been reborn

unsigned_char72

Post by unsigned_char72 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:23 am

I'm not sure, but sometimes a spammer posts on old threads and then it gets deleted along with its messages, but the thread retain the "updated" status for a while. I guess.

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:56 pm

Post hadn't been approved yet.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

Dragonxluv

Post by Dragonxluv » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:58 am

I have more information about the issues that you mentioned.

Ricardo007

Post by Ricardo007 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:18 am

Maybe not a good day.