need amanitas

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
sputnik2

need amanitas

Post by sputnik2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:52 am

hello i am in need of amanita caps if anyone has a bulk quantitiy to get rid of please email me or pm :)
thanx
mark brady
mjbbotanicals.com
cars are real, walls are hard and you cannot fly.
send lawyers, guns and money caus the shits gonna hit the fan

Coz the Shroom

Re: need amanitas

Post by Coz the Shroom » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:26 am

lot o luck. I can even get good discussions going on serious questions pertaining to research on the ambrosia society's board. I have tried on about six different message boards to find a mycologist in my area for foraging advise-- nothing!

quantumbrujo

Post by quantumbrujo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 am

c'mon guys, amanitas aren't that hard to find, just look where there is pine,birch and spruce trees.
I used to have a signature but now I don't for the moment

fmrc

Post by fmrc » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 am

Down here on the Gulf Coast where I am at, and for the most part, up the Eastern Seaboard, Amanita muscaria fruit only one time a year. That is about the time of the first frost. Here, this is usually around the end of November thru the first part of December. All the ones I find are under Pine Trees. Because of their connection to the roots of these "tap root" type trees, they get their moisture from these roots. No rains are needed for this mushroom to fruit. I have found them during dry times being covered with dust, as this time period is most often without much rain. As far as " research on the ambrosia society", there is much information here on the "fleece". I will have to leave for a moment to find the link. I will be back and give it. It is quite long but most informative as I did much work on this..........slp/fmrc

fmrc

Post by fmrc » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:47 am

I have lost what I had. Perhaps you can search the link here.....it was "A New Take On Amanita Growh" or something similar. slp/fmrc

fmrc

Post by fmrc » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:54 am

Here it is.....I found it: http://www.entheogen-network.com/forums ... =31&t=7417
I will bring it back up under its own name to help keep it alive. slp/fmrc

quantumbrujo

Post by quantumbrujo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:13 pm

fmrc wrote:Down here on the Gulf Coast where I am at, and for the most part, up the Eastern Seaboard, Amanita muscaria fruit only one time a year. That is about the time of the first frost. Here, this is usually around the end of November thru the first part of December.
Hmmm, interesting.I'm in the montreal area and though I never seen amanitas anywhere near the city,just a one hour drive up north and it's amanita land.I've seen them fruit up there as early as near the end of June.
I used to have a signature but now I don't for the moment

fmrc

Post by fmrc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Solute to you there in Montreal. Thanks for that fruiting information. I've been studing this mushroom for many years and one of my finds, in the areas down here, temperature drop seems to be the pinning spark. I have often wondered why northern climates seem to work differently. I have also discovered that this temperature drop is detected by the tree, and special signals are sent to the mushroom actually from the tree. The whole process of this mushroom has opened my eyes to many of the secrets. I will release a paper on all my findings in the future. Thanks again. Highest Regards, Stephen L. Peele, Curator FMRC

adventureking

Post by adventureking » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:59 pm

They grow fairly plentifully where i foray, but there was a recent mycoblitz there that basically plucked every specimen clean. I'll get back with updates as I gather more. I'm in norcal.

catfish

Post by catfish » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 pm

north central Michigan in late spring early summr should be a bumper crop based on past seasons conditions. lo, idk about up, never been
;)
trade for what you want at the Botanical Swap Project: http://forums.botanicalswap.org/
and build your tradelist at our estore: http://shop.botanicalswap.org
specializing in high quality and low prices!