Notes On Stupid Mushroom Laws

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
fmrc

Notes On Stupid Mushroom Laws

Post by fmrc » Mon May 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Unlike many of you, I collected, grew, and enjoyed mushrooms before 1966, the year they, along with LSD and Mescaline, were declared "Illegal". Seems to me that human civilization got along just fine for thousands of years without any laws on mushrooms. So, I post this:
Are Mushroom Laws Too Harsh???
When it comes to mushrooms, do any of the laws make sense? People are free to join the Army, be a policeman, skydive, Bull Fight, base jump, ski in avalanche-prone mountains, drive race cars at over 200 mph, mountain climb, get in the ring with Mike Tyson, hang glide, drive an automobile (they say this is the most dangerous thing a person does every day), smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, and go to the Space Station. Do these activities seem more dangerous than eating a mushroom? Do you know how many people died last year from doing these types of things? Just smoking and drinking killed well over one-half million! Do you know how many people died last year from eating a magic mushroom? Not one person. That's because Psilocybin is the least toxic of all the known Psychoactives. Pot, even nicotine and caffeine, are more lethal. This information on all the LD/50 claims made here can be found in The Merck Index. Responsible adults should not be placed in jails and prisons for such a safe activity. If mushroom laws are to exist, they must be fair! They should be as our Alcohol Laws are (even though mushrooms are no way near the problems of alcohol). No driving. No minors. No sales to minors. Legal "Small Grows" like making your own wine.
I'm telling you that the local whiskey store down the street in your area, is responsible for much more harm to society than any mushroom or mushroom spore, will ever be. And yet, this goes on without any attention. I have always thought that any laws written on mushrooms cannot exist. For a plant to be illegal, the public must be put on notice…..the law requires that it be named illegal. Like Pot, it is named.....like Opium Poppy, it is named. Most common and ordinary people understand this. Most common and ordinary people know what these plants look like. If not, it is easy for them to learn. No mushroom (Federal) has ever been named…….No government has the legal right to outlaw a certain mushroom, especially when the same mushroom grows wild right in the area that has said type laws. No government should ever out law any mushroom species, because the normal and ordinary person cannot tell one mushroom from another. I bet the people who make these laws cannot even tell the difference themselves. So why should they think all of us can?

Cultosaurus

Re: Notes On Stupid Mushroom Laws

Post by Cultosaurus » Thu May 17, 2012 9:53 am

I strongly disagree with all prohibition laws. No product of nature should be banned. I don't care if someone wants to lick a toad or put snake venom in skin cream. It is up to the individual to make their own choice. In fact, that view of prohibition extends to more than just natural entheogens and psychotropics, it extends to all things that a person would try to consume and to all activities that they wish to do. I believe strongly in what Alister Crowley said, "And it harm none, do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law". There is the key to it all. As long as you don't set out to hurt someone else or their property, you can do, grow or take what ever you want. Any attempt to ban a natural product, such as the mushrooms that are growing in a field outside your window, is an abomination against God and Mother Nature and all of humankind. It is an abomination against the freedom of the individual's right to decide for themselves. It is an abomination against ethical human behavior.

There are presently plans to make it a crime to be careless while texting or talking on a cell phone. This is not while driving, this is while walking. Those that walk into lamp posts, fall into mall fountains, or otherwise bonk into someone or something could be charged with careless walking if this law passes. This is another outrageous example of the sheer stupidity of legislators and law makers of any kind, who try to legislate common sense. And in cases like that .. .. common sense isn't common.

I tried to find the exact quote by Noam Chomsky, so I'll have to paraphrase. The government does not make drug laws to protect us from ourselves, it makes drug laws as a means of controlling people and controlling its power over the minds of the people. We all know that mushrooms, cannabis, opium, DMT, MDMA, LSD and a myriad of other plants and chemicals are either completely harmless or of very little harm, especially if taken by someone intelligent enough to be careful. Thus, those that are free enough with their minds or those that choose not to be a part of the 'consumer society' and those that choose to think for themselves are a danger to a totalitarian state. Not even Rome was stupid enough to ban the religions or the products of conquered nations, they just wanted tax revenue. But today's modern political states go far beyond the control of what Rome had in mind and that is to control the minds of the conquered, those being it's own people.

Western nations, which are now corrupting the traditional values of other national structures, are based on money and consumerism. People have to keep buying crap. In order to keep this corporate view going, you have to have a controlled populace. And that is where drug laws come into play. We are being controlled, stickhandled like a hockey player and a puck.

That is why I strongly agree with Stephen, the mushroom laws are wrong. They are a violation of our civil and human rights. To attempt to ban something based on it's natural properties and existence in nature is just ludicrous. Poison ivy sends more people to hospital in a week during the summer than cannabis or active mushrooms have ever done in multiple centuries. Both remain with a death count of ZERO (for consumption, not for what happens after) while aspirin and tylenol alone kill up to 12,000 per year in the US (statistics vary depending on the source and related complications). When prescriptions drugs are considered, the death toll is into the hundreds of thousands. That is why I really have a hatred for governments that try to control me or anyone else with fascist, totalitarian and abusive laws. If I walk into a lamp post while talking on the phone, then it's my own damned fault, but to make it a law not to is just beyond reasonable. The same holds true of all drug laws. Beyond reasonable. The government's job is not to be in the business of telling me how to live my life, it is only there to keep us protected from incursions from other nations and the violence of other citizens, not to be violated by the government itself. As far as I'm concerned, all drug laws are like prison rape .. .. and that makes the government the rapist.

Peace
Cult

nepalnt21

Post by nepalnt21 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:01 pm

of course theyre wrong.

everyone knows that, except for the die-hard eat what they feed you types.

but the fact is, we are stuck with these stupid, and dangerous (life-threatening) legal codes written by those that know more about commerce and law dictionaries than sociology.

now what?

fmrc

Post by fmrc » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:59 pm

God's Law...........I give you the seed baring herbs.

Man's Law..........Use them and you are a criminal and will go to jail and pay fines.
How could this have ever happened? slp/fmrc

Cultosaurus

Post by Cultosaurus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:56 am

nepalnt21 wrote:
now what?
We do what we've always done. Ignore the law. As long as a person is capable and careful, they can just grow what they want. People in the country have it much easier than in the city. In the city there is too much monitoring of hydro, too many people around to smell what's being grown or smoked, too many people watching what kinds of fertilizers go into your home, complaining about closed curtains, watching for, what is in their little minds, is suspicious behavior.

The old adage of 'No knows you're high if you don't tell them' is very important advice. As long as you don't advertize to your friends and neighbors, no one knows what is growing in your home. And, since people don't get very involved in nature as much as they used to, even if they saw a patch of shrooms in your back yard, or some strange vine growing in your living room window, they wouldn't be able to identify it anyway. Camouflage is very important too. Pot can be hidden in many decorative grasses, mushrooms can be grown under a canopy of raspberry bushes, poppies are a very lovely garden flower ...

Just don't ever piss your wife off .. or she'll rat you out when she leaves . . .

Beyond that, getting civil and human rights back once they've been stolen by the government is very difficult, practically impossible. Look at the cannabis fight. We all know that there is no reason for it to remain illegal, but it does. Over 75% of the people believe that the raids on dispensaries is wrong and over 51% of people believe that it's time to legalize it. But democracy does not extend to those circumstances. Politicians make promises before they're elected and then do a 180 afterward. If some religion of 2 dozen people had their rights trampled on like that, the court would not allow it to continue .. . but the rights of over 30 million cannabis users in the US, over 6 million in Canada and over 300 million world wide are just crapped on every day. Changing the laws on mushrooms would be even harder, as there are fewer people involved. The brainwashing to demonize cannabis, mushrooms and all other natural compounds has been going on for over a century, and people have a very hard time learning new information when they have such bullshit in their heads. Just look at what happened to Galileo when he discovered that Earth was NOT the center of the universe. It's very hard to fight against a Tsunami of lies.

So just ignore the law, but be very careful.

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:38 pm

well put C-dawg!

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:58 am

Cultosaurus wrote: It's very hard to fight against a Tsunami of lies.
A tsunami of lies! Very well said, Cultosaurus, that is really what prohibition is. If you look at history, you will see that the danger of drugs is a complete myth. Drugs are not dangerous per se, what makes them dangerous is prohibition only. When alcohol get prohibited, many bad alcohol were sold and criminality raised so much that prohibition stopped. Modern prohibition works much better (for the criminals) because it is based on the prohibition of totally harmless products, like cannabis, so that the prohibition can last ... forever. Prohibition is right from the start a criminal technics to sell products through targeting the kids and without any price control. A large part of the money made with the benefice is used to corrupt politicians to continue ... prohibition.

Of course, concerning cannabis, prohibition was also motivated for eliminating hemp, which is a powerful competitor with petrol and its derivatives (paper, steal, textile, medications, etc.). But that too is criminal.

Prohibition is the main responsible of the plausible climate change, and for the international moral bankruptcy of most government in the world. It transforms the whole planet into a big "Chicago", and it is total nonsense. Some hope exists because the veterans in the war on drugs explains all this better than I could. Google on "LEAP" (Law enforcement against prohibition) to listen to their witnessing and explanation. There are never been an atom of concern for the public health in prohibition. It is really only a criminal Trojan horse to get a pyramidal dictatorial power.

And to be sure, since Obama signed the NDAA bill, I begin to seriously think that the war on terrorism is as much a fake war than the war on drugs. All this are only fear selling technics. It has nothing to do with capitalism: it is a total perversion of capitalism. It is a technic to steal your money, without any consideration for your mind and life. The real question is not "should we legalize drugs and foods?", but "when will we send the prohibitionists to jail?".

The very existence of prohibition shows also that the human sciences do not exist. We still use the antic subroutine: "the boss is right". That's the real problem, for prohibition is only a symptom itself of a deeper problem which is that most humans are still fond of leaders and of people thinking at their place. We have to fight that, just to save democracy and liberty and to give some hope for a better world for our children.