Are these mushies?

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
mushiemason

Are these mushies? -

Post by mushiemason » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:46 am

I found these babies growing in my front garden after about a weeks rainfall, I do believe they are psilocybe but Im not sure, any mushie experts out there?

Cultosaurus

Re: Are these mushies? -

Post by Cultosaurus » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:35 am

They may be, they certainly look like some types of psilocybe. There are several ways to tell, but firstly, do they bruise blue?

Stephen L. Peele

Post by Stephen L. Peele » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:51 am

I can tell by the picture that they are not Amanita or Lepiota. Don't look like any Psilocybe. Do gills attach to the stalk? Any spore prints to tell spore color? ID of a mushroom just by a picture on the computer is next to impossible without other data. Never eat an unknown mushroom. slp/fmrc

teeko

Post by teeko » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:35 pm

For sure Stephen. Thank You.

A picture doesn't tell a thousand words with mushrooms. It could just be one word - deadly.

You should join your local mycological society for 'field trips' where you can learn to identify and gather a wild assortment of fungi - from deadly to gourmet. Mine starts up again in a couple of weeks!
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

relaxing

Re: Are these mushies?

Post by relaxing » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:06 pm

I am a mushroom scary cat for sure, see if they have a vulva a the base, if they do don't touch them.... my knowledge is very limited, but I can suggest that much.. good luck

OM, it is fantastic to have the forum back up! Everybody kiss cowfodder, LOL

verybestsalvia

Re: Are these mushies?

Post by verybestsalvia » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:29 am

All the mushroom are good for health or some are poisonous for human. I don't have knowledge on mushroom.