Amanita Oil

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
Dr Zzz

Amanita Oil -

Post by Dr Zzz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Well this is something I already talked about here and there. Some years ago I had the idea to see if an amanita infused olive oil would be active transdermally. I prepared a mix 1/2 cap, 1/2 oil from pyrenean mushrooms I picked, and let it infusing for three mounthes. I found a vendor whish sells the same product that I've made, son I'm not the only one ;)

When applicated on the skin the oil produce immediate effects, which are hard to explain, as it is amanita, and as my english is not good enough for such a subtle matter. All in all it is a lot like smoking the cap skin, not exactly yet. Dissociation can happen, well the beginning of it: less body awarness, impression to be where you look at, and not where you are.

I dose the stuff drop by drop. Of course the potency depends of your starting amanita batch. My last batch is good, and 1 drop is perhaps equivalent to 3 or 4 from the former.

The "Oleum Amanitae" as I labeled it on its small bottle, tends to overpower *edit* and booze. Yes I'm stupid and I took this oil at parties. Ok we where in the country, raving freely from the farm into the fields, I would not take amanita in an appartement in the big town...
The oil syngergizes well with chewed calamus.

The more informative would be to compare it to smoked amanita. But as I love my oil I stopped smoking the mushroom since I started making oil every year, so I can not compare them point by point. What is good is that you do not have to smoke.
What is also good is that you can get many active drops with a ridiculous amount of amanita. It is also very usefull if you have weak amanitas, you can still get something out of them with that tek. Here (I pick amanitas from different places in the Pyrenees) the late summer and autumn amanitas tend to be very weak, so oil is a good choice.

Herbivore

Re: Amanita Oil -

Post by Herbivore » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm going to try that. I live close to alot of Amanita.

xtal

Post by xtal » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Interesting !
Three months: keeping it in dark or sun ?

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Dark.
I also made a quickly usable oil with bain marie and letting it cool overnight.
You can read here and there that you can make a paste rather than an oil, with a lot of powdered shroom, and wait few hours. Never tried.

Herbivore

Post by Herbivore » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:19 am

Just read Donald Teeter's Amanita Muscaria, Herb of Immortality. Olive oil is mentioned as a way to absorb muscimol. It's a good book.
I'm certainly going get the best from Amanita. And thanks for your post.

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Herbivore wrote:Just read Donald Teeter's Amanita Muscaria, Herb of Immortality. Olive oil is mentioned as a way to absorb muscimol. It's a good book.
I'm certainly going get the best from Amanita. And thanks for your post.
Yep someone gave me a link to this by PM after my post. Very good book.

xtal

Post by xtal » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:33 am

Dr Zzz wrote:Yep someone gave me a link to this by PM after my post. Very good book.
hey, can I also have this link to read that book ?
Thanks .

Dr Zzz

Post by Dr Zzz » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 am

Chaotechnic

Post by Chaotechnic » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:50 am

Fly agaric oil sounds like a very nice idea. I think I'll have to try this. I have a load of dried fly agarics I picked, but I hate the flavor of the dried mushroom (they're delicious fresh, but I no longer live in an area where they grow).

If you have access to fresh mushrooms, pickling them is another great way to store them.

cashflower

Re: Amanita Oil

Post by cashflower » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:39 am

Hey, I am looking forward to prepare muscaria oil..

I am only curios if it has effect, because I couldn't find any proper information of this experience after using it..

I already have a dose of dried and crashed muscarias - I used to drink a tea...
So, I wanna use half of muscaria and half of extra virgin olive oil and let it settle down for at least three days, after that try it on a skin and then let it in dark place for next one or few weeks..

Also simultaneously I am going to prepare a tincture -≥ but the main purpose is to make muscaria oil.

So do you have after those years (I have read the conversation here in topic) any positive experience and could you share that effect with us?

Thanks in advance.