Smoking Amanitas

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
BiffCo1138

Re: Smoking Amanitas -

Post by BiffCo1138 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Don't know. I think it was one of those things I was told about smoking magic mushrooms that scared me away from doing it. Wouldn't mind being straightened out on that one if someone actually knows tho.

Is smoking a mushroom any worse than smoking a plant?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

zubsza

Post by zubsza » Wed May 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Your lungs are a nice warm, damp, dark environment...what conditions do spores like to begin growth?
Apparently I was a bit too...non-specific in my response.

I was always told there is a danger that the spores could enter your lungs and, as I pointed out in my previous post, your lungs theoreticaly make a good environment to foster fungal growth...

BiffCo1138

Post by BiffCo1138 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:28 pm

right... that's what I was always told too, but as I was writing it, it sounded more and more like an urban legend.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

zubsza

Post by zubsza » Wed May 14, 2008 11:30 pm

haha yeah can't say that i have ever heard of that happening

BiffCo1138

Post by BiffCo1138 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:53 pm

If I didn't have that idea stuck in my head I would have already done the hell out of this...

totempole

Post by totempole » Thu May 15, 2008 9:24 am

zubsza wrote:Apparently I was a bit too...non-specific in my response.

I was always told there is a danger that the spores could enter your lungs and, as I pointed out in my previous post, your lungs theoreticaly make a good environment to foster fungal growth...
a chilling thought. Reminds me of the cover art of Harlan Ellison's Strange Wine paperback. Tried to find a photo, no luck. A guy with mushrooms growing out of his head.

Anyway, unless you're a specific kind of tree, it's probably not going to happen. If it does, happy picking!

Partager

Post by Partager » Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 am

totempole wrote:a chilling thought. Reminds me of the cover art of Harlan Ellison's Strange Wine paperback. Tried to find a photo, no luck. A guy with mushrooms growing out of his head.

Anyway, unless you're a specific kind of tree, it's probably not going to happen. If it does, happy picking!
That's exactly what I was thinking. As long as we don't have any tree activity within our lungs, we should be okay...

skunkjar

Post by skunkjar » Thu May 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Yeah, it is nearly impossible to grow amanitas, I don't think there will be any crazy mushroom lung issues. SWIM says he has smoked powdered amanitas, not just the skins, and it was so-so. Better to just eat 3-5 grams if you ask SWIM.

mutant

Post by mutant » Sun May 18, 2008 7:32 pm

Smoking amanita muscaria is fucking wonderful. It is by far the best way to ingest amanita muscaria, aside from ingesting the mushrooms and drinking your own urine for the full blow entheogenic experience.

If you want to smoke A. muscaria, peel some of the red skin off the top of the cap, a few grams worth, mix this with a small amount of cannabis and smoke. The feeling is like that of being in a dream, very enjoyable.

I can't believe everybody doesn't know this?? This is why "The Book" is important.
I disagree that its the best method of consuption. A lot.

Also this red-skin thing is a myth. The flesh under the skin is the most potent part, that is the cap flesh [and propably the yellow layer just under the skin, then goes the skin, then the stem.

What is 'the book' Teotz? A specific book, or books in general?

Keep in mind that many myths and mistakes about Amanitas keep reproduced by people who have understudied the matter.

Also, I never had anytrace of nausea with low/mid doses, and neither did any of my fellow experimenters.

Katla

Post by Katla » Sun May 18, 2008 8:14 pm

mutant wrote: Keep in mind that many myths and mistakes about Amanitas keep reproduced by people who have understudied the matter.
Word. Not to mention opinions on wheter things work or not based on jack shit. Pardon me.

Recently I ate quite a lot of Amanita muscaria but failed to get any effect. I decided to smoke joints of the shroom instead, and had a fantastic evening. The effect has varied much between each session, and I have yet to land on a favourite prep method. I admit I haven't gone for the epic dosages yet - like the blind I prefer to walk slowly when learning a new path.

The downside with smoking amanitas is that it's difficult to get sufficient amounts in a joint or a pipe. Perhaps vapping it is the thing to do, but vapourizers are far beyond my student budget. The smoke also smells quite overpowering. Sweet and not really unpleasant, but just A LOT. Far worse than the smell it produces when drying. I still think amanitas would do well in a smoking mix, as mentioned in another thread. The synergy effect with cannabis is superb, or so my cat says.

The following has to do with my worldview in general and is probably regarded as out-of-place bs by many. Please respect my beliefs, this is just my ramblings ok :) Anyway - Amanitas have a certain energetic quality to them that makes me walk real slow and be respectful. Kinda grumpy old crone. The kind who has a deep reservoir of knowledge and personality but won't share it easily. She has suggested that I mix her with certain other plants for a more ritual smoke. As the plants are quite dangerous, I'm not too keen on this but can hardly resist the temptation... If this proves successful I will share my experiences with you. If not, well... I won't! :eek:

/personalrambling