Cosmic Debris Review

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
DayLight
Location: wherein once it is seen, twice felt and the third time is the charm. love. serpents. awe and wonder.

Re: Cosmic Debris Review -

Post by DayLight » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:47 pm

I'm not displeased with the fact that the blends have milder effects. I like that actually. I'm a big user of mj, and if I burned a bowl of mj followed by a bowl of spice gold I would be way to high. But a bowl of mj followed by a bowl of little smoke hits me perfect.(seriously, blondee or whoever makes that stuff; i love it!)
The gripe I have with Cosmic Debris is that I got stronger effect from smoking plain mushroom. As an "extract" product, CD should give me effects at least as strong as smoked amanita. if CD was as strong as plain mushroom or just a little more I'd dig it, because smoking that material is nicer on the lungs and pallet than toking shroomies.

totempole

Post by totempole » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:56 pm

sputnik3 wrote:what "entheogenic effects" are you expecting exactly?
peace
An effect that differs from what I experience if I had not smoked the material.

Put another way, does the amanita component of the mixture serve a purpose other than flavoring? If not, I'm cool with that. I could be wrong, but there must be a reason why a particular blend would include "extracts." Are we talking vanilla extracts? Cherry extracts? Ok, again, cool. But an extract for the purpose of flavoring a substance is one thing, an extract for the purposes of increasing the likelihood of a psychological/physiological effect is another.

As I've made the disclaimer before, and I guess I'll make it again, this was a trial sample. I'm trying it. I didn't buy it. If all it is is a flavorful smoke, then well enough. I'm reporting what my experience is with the material. It tastes good, but certainly doesn't induce any kind of stoned or altered state of consciousness. Fair enough?

I would even buy it, the price isn't unreasonable. It tastes pretty good. As a ceremonial smoking substance, I like it.
Foxglove wrote:Look...dont tussle.

These particular blends form this particular origin is known for the gentler material. I have heard this from more than one member...nothing new here.
I think I recall a tizzy about the Zen Blends as well. To each their own...but it is good to be aware...and it is good for a caring vendor to take note and gracefully accept the critiques.
What tizzy are you talking about? We're discussing a user report of Cosmic Debris and Little Smoke (mine and Daylight's). Is there a tussle going on somewhere? ;)

The fact that this company took a proactive step, offering a free sample of their product shows a certain strength of character and good faith. They have faith in their product. That goes a long, long way toward "Trusted Brand". I mean, I wrote to someone, and within a week it was in my mailbox at no cost to me. Now, if only HumVee would return my calls...
Last edited by totempole on Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sputnik3

Post by sputnik3 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:56 pm

point taken
critique of products are essential for further improvements.
I am just opening up the old misunderstanding of the biochemistry of muscimol and Ibotenic Acid.
most believe these to be "hallucinogens" similar to other known fungi,
when in fact they are not, they are more of deleriants, they fuction on the GABA receptor similar to benzos,
more spatial/gravitational/sedative effects then visual.
hope this explains the amanita powers better,
peace

sputnik3

Post by sputnik3 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:59 pm

And remember
LIFE IS GROOVY:)

totempole

Post by totempole » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:03 pm

DayLight wrote:I'm not displeased with the fact that the blends have milder effects. I like that actually. I'm a big user of mj, and if I burned a bowl of mj followed by a bowl of spice gold I would be way to high. But a bowl of mj followed by a bowl of little smoke hits me perfect.(seriously, blondee or whoever makes that stuff; i love it!)
The gripe I have with Cosmic Debris is that I got stronger effect from smoking plain mushroom. As an "extract" product, CD should give me effects at least as strong as smoked amanita. if CD was as strong as plain mushroom or just a little more I'd dig it, because smoking that material is nicer on the lungs and pallet than toking shroomies.
Yeah, I really agree that if it was mj I wanted, I could get that. I don't think there is a more certain way of getting high than breaking up a bud of sensimilla. I like the Cosmic Debris and Little Smoke. I'm an absolute newb with respect to blends. As a tobacco alternative, this really hits the spot.

I don't know what I'm expecting, something, I guess. But I do know that smoking it doesn't result in an altered state of consciousness (which is rather a mercurial thing to define, I realize).

Yeah *BEEEEEP* thanks. I hope this all goes toward your R&D department! Keep up the good work at *BEEEEEEEEEEEP*.
sputnik3 wrote:point taken
critique of products are essential for further improvements.
I am just opening up the old misunderstanding of the biochemistry of muscimol and Ibotenic Acid.
most believe these to be "hallucinogens" similar to other known fungi,
when in fact they are not, they are more of deleriants, they fuction on the GABA receptor similar to benzos,
more spatial/gravitational/sedative effects then visual.
hope this explains the amanita powers better,
peace
Thanks, I'm taking your suggestions, by the way. I honestly didn't have a clear understanding of what it was I expected, but reading about muscimol and the Amanita Brothers is requisite. This is definitely not a negative report, but possibly a neutral report.
Last edited by totempole on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DayLight
Location: wherein once it is seen, twice felt and the third time is the charm. love. serpents. awe and wonder.

Post by DayLight » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:37 pm

It seems like totempole got no effects of either, but for the record they both altered my mind, and very noticeably.

and I agree with your sentiments about the company who sent us these(stop saying their name! save it for the vendor's forum, most people here know where these blends originate from ;)). I will certianly be placing orders with them in the future, especially to try out that nepal blend.

jackaroe

Post by jackaroe » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:30 pm

I've been enjoying CD the last few nights before bed. I can detect the same relaxing sedative shift however mild and a dream shift when I sleep. Not placebo either. As I layed down for sleep I was thinking I wasn't absent minded in anyway only to awake with my glasses on my face. Weird.

Saying that, Next..........keep that Zen2 coming in 2008. That's a great creation. :lol:

totempole

Post by totempole » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:13 pm

DayLight wrote:It seems like totempole got no effects of either, but for the record they both altered my mind, and very noticeably.
Could be many factors, like time of day/night, personal chemistry, or maybe it will creep up on me later.
DayLight wrote:and I agree with your sentiments about the company who sent us these(stop saying their name! save it for the vendor's forum, most people here know where these blends originate from ;)).
Oops, sorry, I'm a goof! I'm still weak on forum protocol, forgive me. I'll remove the previous references.
Last edited by totempole on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aleilius

Post by Aleilius » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:03 pm

I was also one of the lucky few who received these samples. I will make this review short, because Daylight and totempole already covered most of the ground.

Little Smoke:

Amount Smoked: half gram per joint
Smoking Method: king size rolling papers

This was a very enjoyable smoking blend. I could definitely feel some effects from this blend, and they weren't placebo. It seemed to have a stimulative feeling to me. I can't compare it to other blends or plants because the feeling was much too subtle.

The first time I smoked approximately half of the little smoke joint, and could feel very subtle effects -- very pleasant indeed. No headache or unpleasent feelings. I finished off the remaining cigarette over the course of a few hours.

The second time was definitely enjoyable. I smoked the entire joint over the course of approximately 20-25 minutes. I could feel the effects halfway through the cigarette. However, ten minutes after smoking the material I began to experience a headache. This headache lasted until the next morning. I believe I smoked too much too quickly, and the carcinogens from the plant material contributed to the headache. Otherwise, I didn't experience any bad side effects, just a headache.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable blend, and I will probably purchase some in the near future for mixing with other herbals.

---------

Cosmic Debris:

Amount Smoked: half gram per joint
Smoking Method: king size rolling papers

I didn't notice any definite effects from Cosmic Debris. I smoked one joint in the course of 30 minutes, and then waited to feel something. I didn't feel any effects from the first half gram. So I smoked the other half gram over the course of 25 minutes, and after finishing the joint I was still at baseline.

I didn't notice any bad side effects. No headache, nausea, nothing. Not even any alteredness.

-----

Either way, I was impressed with the packaging and mailing methods of the vendor. Very high quality! The blends were great, despite the subtle effects from CD. I really enjoyed Little Smoke! The scent from these blends were very overpowering. I couldn't really stand smelling them. I believe they smelled like wintergreen chewing tobacco.

I will have to try Zen 2 in the near future. Thanks for the samples bl*nd**!

totempole

Cosmic Debris Review -

Post by totempole » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:45 pm

Post Iowa Caucus Smoke Report

Last night, after hearing the results from the Iowa Caucus I packed a bowl of Cosmic Debris. I took three or four long, luxurious hits. This time I fell under the spell of a very mild state of perception shift. Nothing physical, no stimulation or depression, just a very mild spatial rearrangement, like a low grade edit alchemy.

My dream time was active and intense. Whether that is related or not, I don't know, since I my dream life has never been lacking.
Last edited by NeoNaut on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please follow forum rules