Psych Problems

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
Foxglove

Re: Psych Problems -

Post by Foxglove » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:13 pm

Hempshaman wrote:But after using her I feel like the whole world is watching me all the time or talking about me behind my back. My brother who I am obviously very close to even frustrates me when I use salvia and I feel as though deep down he thinks I'm an idiot.

When I was using salvia alot my main issues in life were that I was going crazy I even saw a counselor and couldnt sleep due to "the fear" for months. Why does she make one paranoid like this? She is a dissoactive and heavy ketamine users often report symptoms like mine. It feels after using her like I'm slightly disconnected from reality all the time.

Im no psych professional...dont even play one on TV, but Ill offer this for your concideration.
On many occations I have witnessed friends and aquaintences 'self-medicate'to alieviate or explore. One thing I have observed is that whatever the 'stuff' of choice is, it often amplifies whatever potential lies just benieth the surface. Sometimes there is potential for enlightenment, sometime there is potential for destruction. It is highly dependent (in my opinion) on how the individual is 'wired'. How do you process information? Are the afflictions organic in nature or are they a learned behavior?
It sound like you are very sensitive. You seem to indicate that your projecting your feelings onto those around you...so that it may seem that they think your and idiot or they are privately denouncing you, when in fact...this stuff is really coming out of your own head.
It sounds like, deep down you need to make peace with yourself, hon.
Calm down.
Stop anticipating.
Now...tell me about the things you find soothing.

captain dayglo

Post by captain dayglo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:58 am

I agree Fox.

Some people, unfortunatly should not take psychedelic drugs because they are not wired up right, men in white coats would call it a predisposition to mental illness, but anyway, as amazing a learning tool that psychedelic drugs are, if you find that you might have afuse or two blown in your mental engine or brain, stop taking drugs right now before you end up like those smelly guys who live under the local bridge.

You sound as if you may be unlocking a latent paranoid schizophrenic aspect to who you are. It is not a big deal, clean living, lots of exercise and you should sneak between the cracks and have a nice life, but keep up with the psychedelic diet and you will only lose your soul.

Hempshaman

Post by Hempshaman » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:12 am

Yea your both right that is what I thought salvia was doing but how come mushrooms, acid, cannabis, DMT, ayahuasca, MDMA, Ketamine etc dosn't make me go all schizophrenic? I am more at home on the others if you know what I mean.. Whearas salvia simply blows me away. But no visions insights etc?

Foxglove

Post by Foxglove » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:44 pm

Okay...I see where your going.
The experiences on S. are fairly cutting edge...we are the poineers of these trips. S. is like no other, we need more data!
I have a suspicion these sensations are wrapped up in you ego very tightly. Which is why many consult this particular spirit...to get a little division from the ingrained 'program'. The Divine Sage is certainly not for everyone. If you are very uncomfortable and there is no positive gain (which again...may be hard to determine...sometimes preceived 'bad' feelings can be productive...'good' ones can be overly destructive.) I then would suggest you dont go there. I found your "at home" statement interesting. Is home safe? Is home comfortable? Is home a place that never challenges the boundaries of your belief system? Do you like being at home?
Here is what it should all boil down to:
Intention, intention, intention.
Not quite like the cliche real esate joke...but close!
Are you in need of an ego adjustment?
Ego will fight against it, trust me. Nothing tests out the ol' ego survival mechamism like S.!! She is unique that way. Im kinda astounded the sketchies get to you...my kitty always is WAY too wrapped up in the cosmos to even start to get paranoid. There is just no time for it!
Do you go in very nervous and without aim?

jse

Post by jse » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:45 pm

Oh yea and she also told me that she likes her old name;

Pipilzintzintli, she likes being called that trust me...
salvia isnt pipilzintzintli

pipilzintzintli refers to an unknown plant the aztecs used that was male and female whereas salvia is both

wikipedia quote
It is likely that Salvia divinorum has a longstanding relationship with humans. Wasson theorized that this plant was the mythological pipilzintzintli, the "Noble Prince" of the Aztec codices. However, this theory is not without dispute. The Aztecs were extremely knowledgeable in plant identification, and their records report that pipilzintzintli has both male and female varieties. Salvia divinorum, however, is monoecious, meaning it produces flowers of both sexes on a single plant. Skeptics of this theory report that the Aztecs would have known the difference between male and female flowers. Wasson gains validity, however, as a number of Aztec historical accounts engender plants in a metaphorical, rather than botanically anatomical manner.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum
Last edited by jse on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wikipedia quote and link

Hempshaman

Post by Hempshaman » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:08 am

Salvia is the female and Coleus is the male...

Hempshaman

Post by Hempshaman » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:11 am

Yes once I get into the homey comfortable and at peace area I love it and never want to leave.This I can achieve on all entheogens exept salvia. Recent experiments though have only created paranoia if another person is present. But even when sat or lying down in silent darkness the only thing I get from salvia is slight relaxation.

I have smoked just over a half gram of 20x before which (short duration) was a full out of body experience but there was no visions of distant lands. I am going to give up my efforts with salvia just in case any way...

jse

Post by jse » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:25 am

Salvia is the female and Coleus is the male...
salvia isnt female
salvia is asexual

salvia flowers have anthers the male organ which produces pollen
salvia flowers have pistils and stigma the female organs which produce seed