Psych Problems

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
Hempshaman

Psych Problems -

Post by Hempshaman » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:10 am

I had decided to stay away from salvia for about 6 months since at the time there was only a comlete obliteration of the ego etc and no real insights. Yesterday I extracted salvinorin A and decided to give it a try orally and then later nasally.

After taking the extract I suddenly realised that I had "The Fear" although I do not know what of. I did though later on realise that all my paranoia, fears of going insane etc were a direct consequence of the habitual salvia smoking that I had been doing six months ago.

So should I continue to use salvia or is it trying to show me something? Is it trying to show me afflictions so I can overcome them or simply is making them a hundred times worse?

I think what salvia does is expand the ego until it explodes and if one has too low a dose he/she will simply be stuck in the expanding bit where the fear resides.

Oh yea and she also told me that she likes her old name;

Pipilzintzintli, she likes being called that trust me...

Foxglove

Re: Psych Problems -

Post by Foxglove » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:12 am

Never before heard of someone doing Sally 'habitually'.
If you are preceiving 'afflictions' it is entirely up to you what to do with them.
The important thing is that you are recognizing/acknowledging these things.
How you process the information is important. Practice constructive thought patterns.
Are these 'afflictions' real or imagined? Can you tell the difference? Does your natural reflex inflate preceived problems?
If you are on the hypochondriac side I would stay away from S.

salvia_explorer

Post by salvia_explorer » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:34 am

Don't do it if it makes you feel in any way disrupted from the experience.
As for exploding the ego, I feel that it does exactly the opposite, it disolves the ego and puts one in a very relaxed state.
Not everyone should use this particular medium and it sure sounds like you may be one who should not. There are plenty of other ways to go.

SE

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:41 am

If you do indeed feel that it has a negative impact on your life, then i would personally quit if i was you or atleast take a longer break.
I dont think any drug is healthy if you do it too much.

Narcissist

Post by Narcissist » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:07 pm

Sorry to derail this thread but if you do decide to use extracted salvinorin A orally can you give some details of how it went?

Since sally often gives such a 'heavy' experience I find it can take quite a while before I feel like I want to use it again - obviously in your case this isn't so. The others in this thread have posted good advice.

SalviaSeeker

Post by SalviaSeeker » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:33 pm

I'd also like to hear details of how you used it orally/nasally?

How exactly did you extract it and how did you administer it?

What were the effects like compared to smoking?

Hempshaman

Post by Hempshaman » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:32 am

Basically I wanted to see how salvinorin A would effect one if used either sublingually or nasally. I followed the extraction procedure online using acetone and IPA to get pure white crystals then put them to work.

Effects-

Nasally, the effects came on about the same time as did the orally administered dose. Smooth and relaxing with a feeling of something happening. The dose was way too low ( using only a milligram or so). But quite pleasant still.

Orally I simply allowed the salvinorin A to dissolve or absorb into my tounge and within 15-20 minutes I could feel it just as the nasal dose.

Hope this helps.. The crude extract will also work in these ways (powdered is alot better for nasal use)...

Jaykzo

Post by Jaykzo » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:26 pm

What I can tell you is this.....

When I finally started realizing the big picture, the grand scheme of things, the way things work, I began to suspect I was going crazy. No joke.... It was almost like I was afraid I had begun to fool myself into what reality really is.

What I'm referring to is how you begin to act, think, and fit in with this world differently once you understand how trivial your ego is. Its like a totally different reality.

After much reflection and "double checking", I'm totally convinced that this is how we should have been living this whole time. You might think its insane though because your WHOLE LIFE you've been told that reality is composed of certain things.... and now you see that its so much more (and less!) than those things.....

So I wouldn't worry. Salvia has a tendency to start questions, and answers evolve from questions. In my opinion it is a learning tool, and has taught you well- it is the dominant social mentality that reality is different from how you experience it though, so going against the majorty will sometimes make you feel crazy.

Go listen to Gnarls Barkley's Crazy. Yeah, I know you've heard it 3,489,132 times, but listen to it again and analyze the lyrics, start to finish. I'm sure you'll be smiling by the time your done.

Jake

Hempshaman

Post by Hempshaman » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:42 pm

But after using her I feel like the whole world is watching me all the time or talking about me behind my back. My brother who I am obviously very close to even frustrates me when I use salvia and I feel as though deep down he thinks I'm an idiot.

When I was using salvia alot my main issues in life were that I was going crazy I even saw a counselor and couldnt sleep due to "the fear" for months. Why does she make one paranoid like this? She is a dissoactive and heavy ketamine users often report symptoms like mine. It feels after using her like I'm slightly disconnected from reality all the time.

Foxglove

Post by Foxglove » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:48 pm

Jaykzo wrote:

Go listen to Gnarls Barkley's Crazy. Yeah, I know you've heard it 3,489,132 times, but listen to it again and analyze the lyrics, start to finish. I'm sure you'll be smiling by the time your done.
Love that song!