Salvia Sizzler

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.

Re: Salvia Sizzler -

Postby 420_4life » Fri May 26, 2006 11:00 pm

she is very true

I remember being a kid, and have gone into health food stores looking for valerian root cause i heard it got you high, and nutmeg nuts, etc. A few people that I encountered had given me strange looks and even asked what I wanted it for curiosly, I thought at the time they were stupid and I didnt think there was problem looking to get high, but I did not understand the power at that time of the word "psychedelic". Though what I was looking for was not psychedelic substances, in your case, salvia is one of the most powerful psychedelic substances, and kids looking for salvia to get high poses a problem.

I would say the lady you spoke to was cautious and aware, and if she did have any salvia she made the right choice.

P.S. how old are you?

peace
jackpot
420_4life

Postby jacky » Sat May 27, 2006 3:15 pm

actually there are other psychoactive salvia species...
salvia officianalis...thujones. partial gaba agonist
salvia miltiorrhiza...diterpenes. partial benzodiazepine agonist

there is also some research into a few other salvia species that I wont mention, other than that they are suspected of opioid agonism....

so really there are three known psychoactive species...two of which can provide some interesting somatic effects and mild psychoactive effects...
and one that is a complete barn burner when psychoactivity is concerned.

looking at all the different salvia species I think that it is possible that there are other species that will be found to be psychoactive. but I think it is most likely that they will be discovered to be so by analytical chemistry initially, and not by bioassay alone

similar to how some recent discoverys regarding psychoactive diterpenes were made, not by tasting, but by READING, then tasting.
jacky

Postby Merkabaster » Sat May 27, 2006 3:36 pm

Not to sound rude, but maybe your bro's right. It is a very serious psychoactive. Salvia's no party drug. You don't get high on Salvia. You don't have a good time (per say) on Salvia. If you're into that, stick to marijuana. Entheogens are serious business. (know-I'm not judging you exactly, I said *if* you're into that)
Salvia should be respected in the utmost extent. She should be approached with a willingness to learn and to let go. If this is not your intention, then you'll probably get your ass kicked. And if you've tripped shrooms or LSD before and think you can handle this too, don't kid yourself. She's much different than them both, and much more intense than shrooms. I've talked with people who trip acid and they said Salvia seems more real. Never done acid myself, don't care for manmade chemicals, so I don't know if this is true or not.
Bottom line - make sure you've done your research and respect the plant as a "serious psychoactive." Approach her with a readiness to surrender and a willingness to learn. It's true, man. Last night I had the most uplifting, wonderful experience with her. She showed me things about myself I never knew before, and I understand everything I do so much clearer now. Heh, in fact, I've never had a bad experience with her, because I approach her in complete stillness of mind and respect. I firmly believe she rewards me for it. You do the same, and she'll reward you as well.
Peace.

p.s. - I renounce my previous claim, I never knew there were other psychoactive species. Jacky hath shed some light =)
Last edited by Merkabaster on Sat May 27, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkabaster

Postby E6731 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:48 pm

420_4life wrote:she is very true

I remember being a kid, and have gone into health food stores looking for valerian root cause i heard it got you high, and nutmeg nuts, etc. A few people that I encountered had given me strange looks and even asked what I wanted it for curiosly, I thought at the time they were stupid and I didnt think there was problem looking to get high, but I did not understand the power at that time of the word "psychedelic". Though what I was looking for was not psychedelic substances, in your case, salvia is one of the most powerful psychedelic substances, and kids looking for salvia to get high poses a problem.

I would say the lady you spoke to was cautious and aware, and if she did have any salvia she made the right choice.

P.S. how old are you?

peace
jackpot

Im 17. The lady at the counter was very rude, she nearly yelled it out so everyone around could hear.

Merkabaster wrote:Not to sound rude, but maybe your bro's right. It is a very serious psychoactive. Salvia's no party drug. You don't get high on Salvia. You don't have a good time (per say) on Salvia. If you're into that, stick to marijuana. Entheogens are serious business. (know-I'm not judging you exactly, I said *if* you're into that)
Salvia should be respected in the utmost extent. She should be approached with a willingness to learn and to let go. If this is not your intention, then you'll probably get your ass kicked. And if you've tripped shrooms or LSD before and think you can handle this too, don't kid yourself. She's much different than them both, and much more intense than shrooms. I've talked with people who trip acid and they said Salvia seems more real. Never done acid myself, don't care for manmade chemicals, so I don't know if this is true or not.
Bottom line - make sure you've done your research and respect the plant as a "serious psychoactive." Approach her with a readiness to surrender and a willingness to learn. It's true, man. Last night I had the most uplifting, wonderful experience with her. She showed me things about myself I never knew before, and I understand everything I do so much clearer now. Heh, in fact, I've never had a bad experience with her, because I approach her in complete stillness of mind and respect. I firmly believe she rewards me for it. You do the same, and she'll reward you as well.
Peace.

p.s. - I renounce my previous claim, I never knew there were other psychoactive species. Jacky hath shed some light =)

Ive read as much as i could on salvia and I still want to do it. You say that the plant showed you things about yourself... thats what i want. I got a small glimpse of that yesterday from marijuana. I was sitting in a parkinglot watching rain and everything kinda just hit me, like i understood life. I really enjoyed it.
Anyway, my intentions of using salvia are good and ive been dying to experience it.
E6731

Postby Merkabaster » Mon May 29, 2006 10:12 pm

Yeah, I've had some cool things happen with marijuana too. Salvia's much different. I hope you enjoy it when you finally get there.

edit - jacky could you give me a source for the psychoactivity of those other salvia species? I'm not doubting you, but I want to research it, because all I've ever read is that divinorum is the only one known to be psychoactive.
Merkabaster

Postby whiterasta » Mon May 29, 2006 10:45 pm

Salvia sizzler is a red flowered Salvia splendens which DOES contain splendinin an active terpene. It's action is not psychotropic though it is anxiolytic.
WR
whiterasta

Re: Salvia Sizzler

Postby Tenpa » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:38 pm

You wont get "high" or at least not the "high" that we understand in our culture. You will change dimensions. It can be pleasant. It can be unpleasant. It can be both. It is interesting though. Most that try it for recreation find it interesting...but since it is not something you can move around on, communicate on (very solitary experience) they don't continue with it. When you hear that it is not a "recreational drug" they aren't lying...it's not..never has been. The laughing you see on those YouTube video's is laughter caused by a new perspective of something that the person finds strangely amusing. Not the same laughter that you may have experienced on weed etc. Not saying don't investigate it....just don't think it is like anything you have ever experienced before and don't expect it to be 100% fun.... it is not, it is not supposed to be. Harmful? No evidence of that. In the thousands of years that it has been used there has been no evidence/reports of harmful effects and it is not addictive. Most stuff like this tastes crappy. That's a good thing...you think twice about doing it again LOL...if you do it is because you find it interesting and helpful. Good luck on your path....by the way...have you looked up what etheogen means? Better do that before you play with Salvia D.
Tenpa

Re: Salvia Sizzler

Postby unsigned_char72 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:31 am

Considering it was a 2006 post, I'm afraid your advice will fall on deaf ears. Good points anyway, still valid. Welcome to the forum.
unsigned_char72

Previous

Return to Salvia Discussion