The Puzzle

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
Rosko

The Puzzle -

Post by Rosko » Tue May 23, 2006 7:59 pm

Hello New here

Thought i would share my last trip with you, i won't go into to much detail trying to explain my visual experience as you have probably all been there & heard it all before & tbh can never really find the right words.

One of the major reasons i take Salvia is because when i come out of a trip its always like a puzzle afterwards, like i have seen the answer to something profound but i am no longer able to access it in this reality.
The last time i had taken it i did about 3 hits of x40, i can never really remember the deeper parts of these trips usually its the coming round & recognizing things slowly that i remember the most. The feeling is always the same like i have been behind the scenes of reality & have experienced something i shouldn't really of been allowed to experience.
"We are not real"
Was the first thing i said when i started to come round from my deep Salvia trip. It was like i was trying warn my friend, it was really important that i said it & i don't even know why. About 5 minutes after this i saw the pipe on the floor & realized i had taken salvia although i was still pretty confused & disoriented.
This was the first time i have ever tried to portray what is happening or communicate so close to when i was in another place.

So just a few questions.....
does anybody else have an urge to solve something or to figure something out after they have taken it?
Also is it common for it just not to stay in your memory like your brain didn't really have a way of taking the abstract information in. I find it as hard to remember my salvia experience as it is to remember a dream. Im awake & my eyes are open but unless i think about it constantly i will forget parts of it. But
then strangely when im on the trip i get the sense that it unlocks all those memories of previous experiences almost like i visit those locations again.
Looks like i will have to do it again to find more answers.

True Religion

Re: The Puzzle -

Post by True Religion » Tue May 23, 2006 8:16 pm

You probably can't remember because you smoke to much.
40x is pretty strong. I'm an amateur myself, and from experience and hear-say, there is absolutly no need for anything that strong. Unless you are a hard head, I guess. If you are indeed hardheaded, then try to smoke one hit of your 40x and just ride it through like you would any other trip... Don't succumb to your urge to take more, and don't feel dissatisfied if you experience "less than usual". Try to agree with the milder sensations, and feel glad that you just had an experience, no matter how it felt.

This is basically what I was advised to do after accidentally slipping on a slipper slope of trying to get as much in before I coudln't hold my pipe any longer. If you want something more readable, you want to keep as concious as possible, make sense?

To recap, I'm giving you advice that was given to me: enjoy one-hit-sessions for a period of time (I wouldn't do it more than once a day, keep in mind) and sort of get happy with that. Relaxing into it, and accepting the "little things" might prove more fruitful than being sucked into a swirling vortex of everything and nothing, then sitting up on your couch saying "What the fuck"...

hekura

Post by hekura » Tue May 23, 2006 8:24 pm

3 hits 40x-wow>><<!! I wonder sometimes if hitting amnesiac levels aren't showing things to your spirit, even if you cannot remember them afterwards. Hmn? But what would the point be of that? I disagree with thinking we've heard it all before (welcome BTW). I love to hear each and every experience that someone will relate, no matter how bizaare. Somehow the reading of them helps me catalogue SWIM's experiences.

The question you asked about the visions seeming to be a puzzle that you can put together after each time is something I have never experienced personally, but I read of it a lot here. I wonder if it isn't the same feeling as dejavu, which Red GreenVines can explain in a scientific manner as multiple framestacking. Maybe he will give you a little talk about it.

I'm actually happy to hear of someone's experince with 40x. I wish you would give a hint of about how much of an amt. you tried like this and how you determined it to be 40x. You said that someone there, maybe or maybe not you, usually remembers more either going into it or the last few mins. I think it would be awful nice to go into that awesome world and remember it all and the amnesiac effect begs the question, "Why isn't our brain able to remember what we learned there?"

greeny

Post by greeny » Tue May 23, 2006 8:28 pm

I always treat my trip like a puzzle afterwards... but it's more like a divination for me lol. It is called a diviner's sage after all. It gives you stuff and then prods you to solve them to your benefit.

salvia_explorer

Post by salvia_explorer » Tue May 23, 2006 10:16 pm

Rosko,
I experience exactly the same thing you mention. I have profound insights but can't quite remember all of them when I return. I think it's normal. I usually do 2 hits of 10x.
SE

zubsza

Post by zubsza » Tue May 23, 2006 10:30 pm

I wonder sometimes if hitting amnesiac levels aren't showing things to your spirit, even if you cannot remember them afterwards. Hmn? But what would the point be of that?
I think that are many things that the soul knows that the body does not.

Although, I kind of wonder if it isn't so much an issue of it causing amnesia so much as maybe showing you something so different from your current mode of perception that once you have returned the mind no longer has the point of reference to make sense of what you have experienced, so the memory quickly fades because there isn't anything left to hold on to. Does that make sense?

Jupe

Post by Jupe » Wed May 24, 2006 2:32 am

Some suggest in order to navigate the space, go into it with a question, and then you have somewhat of a path to follow.....I'm pretty much of the Lost Variety....like remembering a dream/////

salvia_explorer

Post by salvia_explorer » Wed May 24, 2006 6:45 am

zubsza wrote:I think that are many things that the soul knows that the body does not.

Although, I kind of wonder if it isn't so much an issue of it causing amnesia so much as maybe showing you something so different from your current mode of perception that once you have returned the mind no longer has the point of reference to make sense of what you have experienced, so the memory quickly fades because there isn't anything left to hold on to. Does that make sense?
Yes, that makes perfect sense to me. I know I'm not getting flashed in to a state of amnesia when I smoke, but I get clear thoughts when I'm there that fade off after.
Also, trying to remember the feeling of freedom and relaxation that I get also fades and I only really fully understand that again the next time I go in. So I guess I would say that understanding of reality is based upon which reality you are currently in ( or as you said.. what your current frame of reference is.)

I think maybe the mind takes back only what it can deal with as well. Fact is , we are animals and for survival we have to get by on a daily basis, so while all this existential thought is great it doesn't help much when it comes to our daily routines so I think our mind pushes those experiences down and away out of instinctual reflex action.
SE

redgreenvines

Post by redgreenvines » Wed May 24, 2006 9:51 am

SD seems to be a revealer.
many clues emerge that relate to all puzzles.
then they flatten, smooth, and dissappear into consensual reality again.
my notebooks are filled of fading traces of this, and raving drivel, and the unreadable scrawlings of Mr. Hyde railing and reverting back to dr. Jekyl.

420_4life

Post by 420_4life » Wed May 24, 2006 2:43 pm

Hello Rosko and welcome to the forums

40x is extremely powerful, I would advise great caution if you are to use this and would recommend not to in general.

That being said, you seem to have "the" similar like experiences that many of us do, as we cannot remember or formulate the thoughts we had a second ago, it is like a dream, but its real, as this is, we are real, this is real.

I'v said the exact same thing, behind the scenes, behind the curtains, i'v though i'v seen the workings behind everything, the people that control it, and move about moving things in that world as we can in this world, pushing buttons....very strange.

Many times I have had the urge to proclaim my understanding, few times I wanted to go around and warn everyone not to take salvia, why would you want to take salvia, it just takes your thoughts, but with later thoughts i thought otherwise.

Our trips are for ourselves and though they can provide us the opportunity to help others, that is through our direct actions, we have to think about it and think and think and think, and thats the great thing about salvia, you think about your trip so much when your not under its influence, unlike many others. These experiences will hopefully help you and help guide you to a good path, and I know, when you think you've just seen god you want to tell someone about it, thats good, but dont let it get to your head, I understand.

I'v tried to enter with a question, usually I forget, few times I have remembered, my questions have been fauge, what or who are you. I have never recieved an answer in any language, but have felt impressions which can influence your consiousness and subconsiousness who are throwing the ball back and forth.

peace
jackpot