My first experience: laughter

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
unsigned_char72

My first experience: laughter -

Post by unsigned_char72 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:58 pm

Hello!

I have to share my first experience! Nothing great, but after waiting for so long time (one year almost), I'm so excited to have got some effect from Salvia!

Having reached the point where I have enough leaves from my plants, I commited to smoke every day two small dried leaves in a water pipe until I experienced something. This was four days ago.

The first day no effects at all (maybe due to my poor smoking abilities, as I'm no smoker).

The second day a sort of buzz, but could have been placebo effect.

The third day, felt a sense of vertigo and rotation which lasted for rest of the day.

The fourth day (today): I started to smoke as usual, expecting no effects as the previous days. Then all of sudden, I started to laugh incontrollably. I knew that was one of the effects of Salvia, but I also expected visions, fractals and so on. Nothing else instead, just laughters. Nonetheless I was very happy because finally "it worked".

The laughter was deep and "mechanical" and totally out of my control. It was like another me was laughing. That lasted about 2 minutes, then all of sudden it faded away completely.

I wonder if all my next experiences will include such weird laughing. Don't know what to think, I'm quite perplexed right now.

What do you think of this experience, please tell me. Thank you.

Tony

Burning_Copal
Location: a finite mortal body somewhere in PNW. How about you ?

Re: My first experience: laughter -

Post by Burning_Copal » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:21 pm

If you are having a difficult time achiving what you desire by smoking, try the quid method . if using dried leaves moisten them with some tap water, a wad about the size of the first section of your thumb should be plenty , and just place it beneath your tounge and leave it there...Chew once every 10-15 minutes or so, and try not to spit out the fluid (this may not be possible to hold back from if you keep the quid in for a long time, in my experience, excessive salivation results from this ) I dont know what it is you seek from this plant, but this method can induce ranges of effects up to more than I think most people would be comfortable with.

kirei

Post by kirei » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:56 pm

unsigned_char72 wrote:The laughter was deep and "mechanical" and totally out of my control. It was like another me was laughing. That lasted about 2 minutes, then all of sudden it faded away completely.
Oh, I can relate to that!

Dusenostachys

Post by Dusenostachys » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:03 pm

Yes, I find myself laughing like that alot when I smoke Salvia anymore. Not what I prefer as an effect but anything even slightly funny sets me off into hysterical laughter. Things which most people would ordinarily ignore as mundane cause me to giggle like a little girl and I'm over six foot tall 250+ pounds.

I had read about this effect and never had it happen to me for a long time but when it did I was surprised at the depth of it. Never have I laughed so hard and so long in my entire life.

I believe I have an increased sense of humor since then, I swear I laugh more easily now than I did before. Changed for life, oh no!

420_4life

Post by 420_4life » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:08 pm

Its hard to determine the source of laughter, it has so many uses. We have come so far i dont think its possible to be without it, laughter needs us as much as we need it, it smiles in our face, we cant help but laugh.

Salvia is strange, most times when u have no questions you get a lot of answers, but when your able to form a question it says nothing and stands infront of you, smiling, nothing more, laughting is uncontrolable at this point.

It still must be used with caution as laughter for the wrong reasons can limit our potential reception, we have made so many agreements in our life, they cloud our mind making it almost impossible to know where, when, or how they were made. We usually dont even realize when we make an agreement that has the potential to limit our persuit in life. Our life is a dream and its our manifestations from interaction which have created our reflection. Many dont even see their own true reflection but even the ones that do dont completely reflect on the outside. Our fears our what hold us back, to overcome these, however done, is our ultimate task. So we laugh to show ourself and others who we truly are since it can express much more at times than words can. The word is our magic, laughter is a promotion of the spell.

peace
jackpot

Guava!

Post by Guava! » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:37 am

The laughter was an important part of my first experiences. Just like you, it took me a while to actually break through, and feel anything. The first noticable thing that happened to me was the uncontrollable laughter as well. It was really strange. At first, it was just like someone else laughing, then I realized it was me. From there, the laugher became a tunnel of sorts that led me into the world of Salvia. The next time, a few nights later, the exact same thing happened. I haven't had the laughter since, but thought it was very interesting how it led me in to the other place the first two times. Maybe this is some kind of nervous reflex, almost a defense mechanism. I was much more nervous and apprehensive about breaking through until it actually happened. Since then I've relaxed about it, and the involuntary laughter has gone.
-Chris

Dusenostachys

Post by Dusenostachys » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:00 am

I don't understand the mechanism for the laughter, I never laughed when I first started nor after having several breakthoughs. It was only after I stopped for a period of over 12 months that the laughter came about.
420_4life wrote:Our fears our what hold us back, to overcome these, however done, is our ultimate task.
Right on, go directly to the center of the storm. That's where you will find the answers to your fears and how I plan on conducting my own future. Let the chips fall where they may, risk all for the sake of truth.

redgreenvines

Post by redgreenvines » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:30 am

laughter is nice big waves
rolling into shore
i want to be a beach bum
where's my board

Martygras

Post by Martygras » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:02 pm

I end up laughing when I am shown my ego.
It's hard to explain but I get to see the silly walls I've put up around myself throughout life.
Once you see yourself from an outside perspective, it automatically changes your personality.

hekura

Post by hekura » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:42 pm

I've never had the laughing, but I've seen it. I'm the cosmic kind that wants to meditate when that sort of thing grabs me. Ha-ha. Be back in a minute, ya' know?