Salvia + Turnera Diffusa (Damiana)

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.

Salvia + Turnera Diffusa (Damiana)

Postby unsigned_char72 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:44 pm

There are little reports about this combo, so SWIM decided to give it a try.

He mixed S. divinorum plain leaves with Turnera Diffusa (aka Damiana) dried material and vaporized the mixture.

The result was a mild S. divinorum trip, with the "Salvia wheel" running slower than usual. Don't know if that was random or caused by the Damiana.

Anyway, what is interesting is that a successive vaporization of S. divinorum (alone) resulted in a prolonged Salvia experience, the peak, but more remarkably the comedown, was extended twice or three times.

So it could be that the Damiana acts as a Salvia extender, if it was so, it would be a great finding, right?

Next time SWIM will vaporize Damiana first, giving her the time to express, and then take Salvia.
unsigned_char72

Re: Salvia + Turnera Diffusa (Damiana)

Postby Mandelbulb » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:02 pm

This would be a great find! Especially if it prolongs the comedown.

I have been interested in the prospect of piperine and curcumin on extending the salvia trip, as curcumin acts on the kappa opioid receptor, and pipeline increases the bioavailability of curcumin. But no luck so far. And I'm not a biochemist, so I might be out in left field with this idea.

Anyway, I think the comedown is very therapeutic and mystically in itself. Not too intense, and it allows one to focus deeply. Perfect for meditation.
Mandelbulb

Postby Metanoian » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:41 pm

I regularly add Damiana to my Salvia blends. Typically it's Salvia, Calea Zacatechichi, and Damiana. The Calea marries very well with the Salvia. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever just used Damiana with Salvia, I always add Calea because it has such a great synergy. The Damiana I use mainly as a flavoring herb because I love the taste of it so much :)
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.
Metanoian

Postby unsigned_char72 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:27 pm

Can you describe what type of synergy you get from Calea? Do you use plain leaves in your mixture?
unsigned_char72

Postby Metanoian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:43 pm

I've used both plain leaf and lower-end extracts. Synergy is with both. The effects are that the Salvia becomes more relaxed in a sense, easier to recall. It seems to lengthen the experience somewhat as well. One experience of note was when I smoked a couple bowls of Calea and then smoked some 5x right before bed. The trip lasted more than twenty minutes. And the dreams I had that night were incredible :)
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.
Metanoian

Postby unsigned_char72 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:29 am

that's very interesting, it's the first time I read about this interaction.

And it makes sense to me because Salvia has a distinctive dream-like taste, so anything that affects dreaming should affect Salvia experience too.
unsigned_char72

Postby unsigned_char72 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:14 pm

After a while SWIM tried again this combo (Salvia + Damiana).

The experience was slowed down as if Salvia hallucination was made of frames (like in TV) and for each true Salvia frame and empty black frame was added. The result was half speed and flickering.

Comedown was somewhat extended too but not so much.

SWIM has difficulties typing right now.

Overall, the Damiana adds something but also reduces the power of Salvia because of the reduced dosage put in the "bowl".

Damiana is also critical to vape, it burns easily at salvinorin temperatures.
unsigned_char72

Return to Salvia Discussion