Salvia as belief breaker

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.

Salvia as belief breaker

Postby unsigned_char72 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:54 pm

Latest Swim's Salvia experience made me remember of this recurring pattern that Swim has noticed several times now, and that can explain some subtle working of Salvia divinorum.

Swim has noticed that Salvia promotes the resolution of past wrong beliefs.

The way she does that is by making you remember a time when you had the "belief", a time when you started to believe in the belief. It makes you remember you had the belief and that you did not realize the belief slipped unnoticed in your subconscious, so unnoticed that you have even forget of the belief itself.

Swims can count several of such "beliefs" shown by S. divinorum. For example, in his last experience Swim saw when he started to act as a "shy person", when he actually decided to be shy, long ago in his childhood.

I've noticed that the same mechanism works not only on beliefs, but with wrong pattern behaviours too. This could explain why some say that Salvia helps with addictions.

Anyway the important thing for me is that this belief-breaking mechanism of S. divinorum can work for the resolution of the ultimate human belief: the illusion of self, believing that there is a separate "me" acting and doing things in this body. That's how I understand that Salvia can help us see through the Maya illusion.

Free thoughts running in my mind that I felt I had to share.
unsigned_char72

Re: Salvia as belief breaker

Postby Mandelbulb » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:31 pm

Yes I also feel that Salvia can help one break their beliefs.

This process is difficult though. With Salvia everything becomes clear even subconscious thoughts, but then after, a fog of emotions rolls in over the thoughts. So Salvia might illuminate our behaviors, but ultimately they seem to be deeply rooted in our emotions.

My goal now is to try and work with the insights I have gained. Salvia is only a tool, we still have to do the work.

It does just seem we are a collection of beliefs that create our personality and behaviors, with many of these beliefs being very superficial. Salvia really does help one get to the core of these beliefs.
Mandelbulb

Postby unsigned_char72 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:35 am

Well said, agree completely. I wonder if those beliefs are pull out randomly or in a specific order (I imagine like onion layers going from most trivial to most important).

Also, I was thinking that the reason why we are often shown childhood landscapes is that because most of beliefs are learned during that age.
unsigned_char72

Postby Mandelbulb » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:24 pm

I think Salvia kinda works on the brain by somehow disconnecting us from emotions (or perhaps connecting us in a different way). But the way people get epiphanies from Salvia is completely different than Marijuana. Marijuana hyper-primes thoughts, so that any thought will lead to thousands of other connected but often unimportant other thoughts. I think the brain on Salvia pulls thoughts out like it normally would, but each of these thoughts is seen in a different way. Like you mentioned it is like we have a sense of their origin, and that is why we remember childhood images and emotions.

Salvia would be a good tool for psychotherapy if used properly.
Mandelbulb

Return to Salvia Discussion