Salvia guaranitica

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.

Salvia guaranitica

Postby unsigned_char72 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:58 pm

I've decided to resume experimenting with other salvias, alone or in combo with S. divinorum. This thread is specifically dedicated to Salvia Guaranitica.

I have this plant growing since the old good days (circa 2007), when there was a lot of talking about other psychoactive salvias (splendens etc, but coleus as well). Since it's a fair easy plant to grow I still have it in my garden, in practice it grows by itself requiring almost no water, no nutrients, no care whatsoever. The only thing it needs is severe pruning, as it gets very very big with time. It's very long-lived too, I still have the same specimen I planted several years ago, it's now very woody, but keeps resprouting no matter how hard I prune it.

Regarding its psychoactivity: the plant is said to contain cirsiliol which has been indicated as a sedative and hypnotic. But in reality there are very few bioassys regarding its activity, I've found only spare reports here and in other forums.

So I've done my own bioassay. I vaporized two bowls of dried S. guaranitica leaves in a Da Buddah vaporizer at full temperature. I used two bowls because I wasn't sure one was enough. Leaves are very crispy and taste is not very enjoyable as it has that peculiar scent of the plant. Vaporization produced no visible vapour.

It takes 2-3 minutes to kick in and lasts 20-30 minutes. The effects are very similar to a S. divinorum "come down". There are no visuals, mind is introspective but spacey, body is incoordinate, rather relaxed, walking and typing on the keyboard are difficult, there is want to go sleep. Indeed I turned off all lights and laid on the couch in a sort of meditative state. Good for meditation. After 20-30 minutes I got up and started to type this message, mind was clear but typing difficult. I still feel some of it, but mostly it's gone.

In conclusion: in its own way is active, but the effects are not so remarkable.
unsigned_char72

Re: Salvia guaranitica

Postby unsigned_char72 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:45 am

Another experiment with S. guaranitica, this time aimed at discovering any possible synergy with S. divinorum.

Vaporized a bowl, equal parts of S. divinorum and S. guaranitica dried leaves.

Kicked in after 30-40 seconds and soon it felt it was going to be different than a normal S. divinorum experience. There were the classic visuals, all running from right to left as usual, but everything was SLOWED DOWN. It was exactly like playing a movie at half the frame rate. There was a spacey sensation that was actually slowing the whole salvia experience, holding it back and making it run at half the speed. Visuals did not reach a full divinorum breakthrough, most likely due to half the dosage.

I will repeat the experiment, looking to see if this "half frame rate" effect happens all the times or not.
unsigned_char72

Postby unsigned_char72 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:19 am

Another attempt with increased amount of both divinorum and guaranitica.

It felt like a more normal S. divinorum experience, without any frame rate slowdown effect reported in the previous post, yet no full breakthrough was reached. That might depend on the increased amount, because with vaporizers the more is not the better.

Anyway it seems that Salvia guaranitica somewhat blocks the full expression of S. divinorum, but I can't theorize why.
unsigned_char72

Postby teeko » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:38 am

Keep up the good work. Probably old news to you but these were the major constituents found germacrene D (25.0%), β-elemene (20.0%), β-caryophyllene (8.8%) and β-bourbonene (6.2%).

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.
teeko

Postby unsigned_char72 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Another experiment with S. guaranitica alone, vaporized.

There is the same initial rush of an approaching S. divinorum "trip", with the difference that it doesn't develop into any visual.

There is the same introspection, looking at your own mind, but no bizarre thoughts typical of S. divinorum.

Everything looks pretty normal, there is only great introspection. Calmness. Mind is lucid. Thoughts slow down or stop completely. There is no want to move or do anything, just observe. Good for meditation.

Moving around is a little impaired, there is slight uncoordination and dizziness lasting up to 1 hour after. Again, reminiscent of the same uncoordination and dizziness of a S. divinorum trip.
unsigned_char72

Postby unsigned_char72 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:49 am

This time, S. guaranitica + Mentha x piperita (aka peppermint), vaporized at full temperature.

Differently from guaranitica alone, there was not sedation, no introspection, no wanting to sleep, no mental effects of sort.

But there was small body incoordination, albeit this time it was different, it was a kind of strange "alert incoordination".

My opinion is that mentha increases alertness (which is not surprising according to this), while S. guaranitica does the opposite, so the two are fighting against each other.

That made me curious to know about the combo S. divinorum + Mentha x piperita.
unsigned_char72

Return to Salvia Discussion