A glimpse of enlightenment

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.

A glimpse of enlightenment

Postby unsigned_char72 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:58 am

Yesterday SWIM vaped a pinch of Salvia Divinorum plain leaf and told me this:

"I closed my eyes staring at the blankness, and soon started to feel very relaxed. The background changed slightly from retinal noise to some intricate and alive pattern, signing that Salvia was kicking in.

The after image of the last thing seen before closing the eyes became the "reality", like it was all the world was about. Without realizing, I was rotating my head following the Salvia counter-clockwise rotation and enjoying relaxation in the neck muscles.

After a while I said myself, "hey, you're rotating your head like a fool!" and soon I realized I was following with my mental focus a big glowing ball that was in my field of vision (still eyes closed).

It wasn't really a true ball, but was instead a sort of lens distortion of the image (like a photoshop effect). This "ball" was orbiting around my FOV, and I felt it was something important to have focus on it. It meant something like if my intelligence was there.

At a certain point the ball changed trajectory and directed straight to my heart centre, slightly offset to my left shoulder. It installed and merged there.

So I decided to give to it all my unconditioned attention, and it become real, REAL, more and more REAL. The more I focused, the higher the level of awareness/wakefullness I reached. I said to myself: "this is it! this is it! all you've been waiting for all your life is coming here right now! It needs only you to focus it! I can't believe it's happening here right now!"

And it was something secret but well known at the same time. Familiar. Something it was with me all the time. But a certain effort was required to sustain the attention there. If my level of attention dropped, it faded quickly, but if I voluntary increased it, it became more intense. I would say: linearly proportional to the level of attention put.

Despite I was struggling to sustain attention, it was a great joy! A sense of reaching, of fulfilment and of amazement. Ordinary bliss. Is that enlightenment? Is that the fourth state of Turiya described by Robert Adams?

What I realized so far is that the so called enlightenment is nothing else that a state of attention we have to acquire by deliberate training it. We already have it with us, but it needs to be trained. Even if it's ordinary and familiar, if you don't look for it explicitly you can spend your life and don't notice it. Most people do this.

Yet this state of awareness is all that counts, it is the REAL reality. Living in the ordinary state of mind is like living in sleep.

Salvia can take us there and show a glimpse of that state of mind, showing what to look for and where. For this reason it's an unvaluable tool. People that have come in touch with Salvia in their lifetime should consider themselves extremely lucky, they are given the chance to find what life is all about, once for all."

This is what SWIM told me before going to bed and have a night of restless sleep.
unsigned_char72

Re: A glimpse of enlightenment

Postby pgustavo81 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:49 pm

What vaporizer you have used?
pgustavo81

Postby unsigned_char72 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:36 am

Swim uses a Da Buddah Vaporizer (DBV) from 7th floor. In the years, he tried a certain number of different vaporizer, and that one is the only that works well with Salvia Divinorum plain leaves. All the others have problems, mostly because they are built for vaporizing an unmentionable herb that has a different vaporizing point.
unsigned_char72

Postby arborescent » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Woah, thanks for writing this! I made an account just to post this, but maybe I'll stick around here.

Your description is really inspiring and reminds me of a mushroom experience I had in which while lying in trance the mushrooms spirit directed me to focus on the very back of my skull while looking ahead at the visions. I moved in closer and closer to this pinpoint neural area and crashed into a quantum-hyperspace different-universe who-knows-world. At the time it seemed readily accessible, but these ordinary days I just don't have the concentration for that kind of thing :D

What you say about salvia "showing what to look for and where," I find that absolutely right on with mushrooms. They give you a tug on the waistcoat. Which is why it's so valuable to be sensitive to your teachers.

Having the world zoom in infinitely is something I heard Alan Watts talking about once. Scientists are always trying to get deeper and deeper into matter so that they can find the building blocks of everything, the prima materia; but as it happens, the more attention you put, the more complex it becomes.
It's wonderful to put this to practice in your own life, observing how different each day feels in the most minute of ways.

I hope to meet la pastora as soon as my plants are mature.
arborescent

Postby unsigned_char72 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:49 pm

arborescent wrote:I hope to meet la pastora as soon as my plants are mature.

Very good! She is very peculiar and different from anything else you might have tried. You'll discover it's also very different from what you are imagining it to be, despite all forums and websites descriptions. Totally new but yet familiar.
unsigned_char72

Postby 2soul » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:21 pm

unsigned_char72 wrote:Swim uses a Da Buddah Vaporizer (DBV) from 7th floor. In the years, he tried a certain number of different vaporizer, and that one is the only that works well with Salvia Divinorum plain leaves. All the others have problems, mostly because they are built for vaporizing an unmentionable herb that has a different vaporizing point.

i have attempted with a ssv but without success, what's your technique?
you grind the herb? and how many do you use a full bowl? half bowl?
2soul

Postby unsigned_char72 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:47 pm

SSV and DBV are very similar (heating elements is the same) so I guess SSV should too.

Swim told me he does the following:

- cut a small wand length (~20cm or ~7inches) to avoid cooling of the vapours
- a pinch of 1x plain leaves, finely grinded by hand
- not too finely grinded so they don to step off the grid
- don't put too much herb, less is better
- pre-heat the vaporizer (~5-10min)
- vaporizer set to max (full throttle)
- have a long expire to make lungs empty of air
- have a long and slow inhale from the wand
- the right inhaling speed is learned after several attempts
- hold the vapour in the lungs as long as you can (~30 secs at least)
- Salvia should start to kick-in at this point
- exhale from the nostrils (and enjoy the taste)
- have a second inhale as above for a stronger Salvia experience
- depending on the amount put in the bowl, a 3rd or 4th hit can be taken too (a burnout taste will tell it).

Using the vaporizer not always results in a full breakthrough experience, there is a certain variability to take into account. But since it's not unpleasant (as smoking from a bong) it can be repeated. Results ranges from "almost nothing" to "SHIT!".

After the experience has settled down, inspect the herbs remaining in the bowl. They should be crisp and brown/black. If they are somewhat green, then something went wrong (and there might be salvinorin still in them).

Tell me if you succeed.
unsigned_char72

Postby unsigned_char72 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:09 am

In short the trick is: exhale completely, sloooow inhale and hold as long as possible.

All this done twice sends Swim in hyperspace with just 1x plain leaf.

Last time he did, he got one of the strongest Salvia trip he has ever experienced. An incredible and intricate landscape, so vivid and, alas, so difficult to remember and to put in words. He only remembers his attempt to stay calm and remember to not move. There was a great urge to get up and run wild. But luckily he managed to keep still like a statue. There was a Salvia wind (similar to Salvia gravity) running from right to left and carrying things with it. A joke with "self" and "no self"... what is self? A sense of wonder and amazement WOW this is the strongest I've see so far...
unsigned_char72

Return to Salvia Discussion