Can the salvia effect ever be had without the salvia plant?

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
orinn

Re: Can the salvia effect ever be had without the salvia pla

Post by orinn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Isn't the point that we have a relationship with Salvia? :roll:

I personally wouldn't want to go there without her....! :lol:

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:32 am

The belief that we need salvia is part of the hallucination. When there, I stop believing even in salvia. The plant is part of the dream ...

More back to earth, I have never succeeded to go there without salvia, but I did succeed to go there just by smelling it deeply, with some preparation. It is rare, it does not always work. That is a "0X experience".

orinn

Post by orinn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Perhaps Salvia teaches us to go there without any X.
But if she's not waiting there for us , why go?
What will you do there otherwise?

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:25 am

A theory is that we go "there" when we die, and they are always waiting for us. Dying would be a way to go there, without salvia. Hard to be verified, though, but it might make sense.
With salvia there is that feeling of familiarity, like if we were always "there", but our body-brain filters that information out, deluding us into a life scenario, where we play some role, and, for some reason, we have to do what we have to do ...
The theological truth does not mix easily with the biological truth.

orinn

Post by orinn » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:55 pm

I think that the salvia experience is so utterly amazing , we have to try to dumb it down when back on this side, to rationalize it, to tell ourselves it's not as huge as we really know it is.

Salvia reminds us that it's all a bit of a game, not to take things too seriously, which is reassuring.

Jupe

Post by Jupe » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:42 am

good read on the subject.."Zig Zag Zen- Buddhism and Psychedelics" a collection of essay, you can read excerpts on the Web...

but yeah, if a plant can affect your brain, YOU can do it too......but as SD24 mentioned, it might take dying to get to the serious stuff....haha think I'l wait.....salvia is close enough for me!!

orinn

Post by orinn » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:29 pm

It's the old addage that one can get the effects of psilocybin by meditating deeply.

But as T. Mckenna said, who wants to? Symbiotic bro. Lets go there together. Salvia may be a plant just as we are humans, but neither is neither over that side. It's a hand in hand journey.

I think we fear a time without salvia, but she's always going to be there. ;)

Salvia is life itself, she can help us meditate, that one pointed concentration beyond the syntax of imbecility we endure day to day.

If we see the buddha on the road to enlightenment and kill him, believing him to be illusion, we may veer off into the ditch of voidism, and then we'd miss all fun. :P

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:12 am

Salvia is huge. Sometimes I think it is just death. Swim go "there" and stays there. But they send a copy so another version of swim can continue to chat with you, and do SL24's mission (teaching math, apparently).

Salvia is huge. You can see God, become God, all that to realize that God is just the shy and awkward son of the real Creator, which is a Goddess. She created the garden, so that Her son can play. She knew that eventually he will lost himself into it, and that's why She created Salvia, so that her son can remind himself, from time to time, who he is ...

But all this is poetry, and the real things is just impossible to say.

Just last week, in my country, two young people died in university "baptem"/initiation party, one from alcohol overdose, the other from water overdose. I think salvia would be better for such task. I think the world will be a better place, when prohibition stops, so that we can get rid of the criminal desinformation about legal and illegal medication.
Fighting prohibition and the lies, that might be part of the "mission" too. Only bad faith can fear possible truth.

orinn

Post by orinn » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:58 am

Salvia is huge. You can see God, become God, all that to realize that God is just the shy and awkward son of the real Creator, which is a Goddess. She created the garden, so that Her son can play. She knew that eventually he will lost himself into it, and that's why She created Salvia, so that her son can remind himself, from time to time, who he is ...
wow, nice philosophy.

Salvia should never be prohibited. On the contrary it should be compulsory in schools and colleges. There should be a degree in it, and every building should be in the shape of a salvia leaf. :shock:

There should be salvia armies, and salvia hospitals. Everyone should wear salvia green and we should all come together as the united nations of salvia. :mrgreen:

Jupe

Post by Jupe » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:24 pm

nice writings guys...

I believe salvialover24 got that quote from the Book of Bruno, chapter 1 version 420.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I think will copy and spread it if thats ok?

I got some flowers coming, even from the Jupiter plant, not sure what will happen this year, i had to dig up everything and move it last year, and it was a disaster of sorts. I'm trying to be a better custodian, even though I havn't partaking in like....6 years or more!! Oh well! :D

Very very dry, and all the gardens in California, have been dry and dusty, although the classic herbs seem to do well.

Hope everybody has a good year.