Salvia Art

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.

Re: Salvia Art

Postby InnerPaths » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:01 am

Hey SalviaDroid, just wanted to let you know I haven't forgot about you and I will put that music of mine up on a soundcloud for you, anyone else on here or the nexus to check out. I might add the necessary ambience first to join the tracks though but rest assured, you'll be one of the first to know, cheers again for the interest.

P.S. I'll be interested to see how what new music I make will turn out like after having started my relationship with Lady Salvia. I think more use of infinite analog delay regeneration on guitar and drums will really convey the Salvia frame stacking effect in a sonic way greatly so I'll put that to use more often. I just got a sitar also so that should enter into the mix in an interesting way :)
InnerPaths

Postby Metanoian » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:04 pm

I've wanted to get a sitar for a while now. I opted to get a set of bagpipes first though :D

I'd love to hear your stuff as well.
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.
Metanoian

Postby SalviaDroid » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:17 pm

I look forward to hearing your music, InnerPaths! Throwing the stacking effect into the music will make it very psychedelic and all the better. What genre does your music more closely relate to? Ambient, psytrance, etc? I'm still working on the Salvia Adventures animation and perhaps I could use one of your songs maybe? Keep up the great work!
SalviaDroid

Postby InnerPaths » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:09 pm

It has subtle electronic elements but I wouldn't put it in the electronic genre, it's more there for ambience and embellishment. The songs are mostly driven by guitar, bass and programmed drums. There is acoustic guitar all over the album and electric guitar is the voice, main melody and expression of the album (sometimes with a lot of effects applied to it that it sounds more synth like and electronic at times). Think how Pink Floyd used electronics, kind of in that vain instrumentally.

Yeah sure, once you hear it, and if you think it's appropriate, I don't see a problem with you using the music if it fits with what you have going :)
InnerPaths

Postby InnerPaths » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:12 am

Dioxippus wrote:I've wanted to get a sitar for a while now. I opted to get a set of bagpipes first though :D

I'd love to hear your stuff as well.

Dioxippus, I missed your post before when I responded to SalviaDroid, sorry buddy!

Bagpipes is certainly not a bad choice. There's something about instruments that have that droning quality. Didgeridoo would factor in there as well. I'm loving the sitar, such a meditative spiritual instrument and it helps take me out of my comfort zone of 20 odd years of guitar experience.

I recorded a short section of a sitar/ambient doom-drone piece earlier today, I'll have to put it up once I incorporate some delay regeneration effects to simulate the Salviaspace frame stacking effect.

Thanks for the interest guys :mrgreen:
InnerPaths

Postby InnerPaths » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:19 am

SalviaDroid wrote:I look forward to hearing your music, InnerPaths!

Dioxippus wrote:I'd love to hear your stuff as well.

Okay guys, here's one of the tracks off the almost finished album. It's an instrumental concept album (how does that work, hehe), a soundtrack to a movie that the listener can make up in there minds eye, as pretentious as that sounds, with a story behind it that will be explained through a poem that will be included with the album when it is fully complete... Yikes, that does sound pretentious :oops:

The song contains most of the elements of the album, melding of acoustic, electric and electronic sounds. I played all the instruments (guitar and bass), programmed all the drums and electronic midi mapping and engineered, mixed and mastered it myself. And I wrote it too.

It is not what I'd deem as influenced by Salvia per se, as I hadn't made her acquaintance when this was written and recorded, but the spice/changa definitely influenced the more recursive looping main parts of the music and well as all the additional textures.

Anyway, enjoy or don't enjoy but at the very least, listen with an open mind and heart.

https://soundcloud.com/innerpaths/the-solipsist
InnerPaths

Postby SalviaDroid » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Holy smokes InnerPaths... your music is great! Love this song a lot. It's so easy to get lost daydreaming with a song like this.. so easy to map a mental story with this. It's good how you have guitar and bass but also some slight distortions in the mix. Adds a pyschedelic undertone to it that feels right and is well balanced.

Keep up the great work InnerPaths! Keep me notified if you ever plan on selling this album, I'll buy a copy! Would like to read the poem that goes with it also :)
SalviaDroid

Postby Metanoian » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:29 pm

You definitely have some real musical talent there InnerPaths! I really love the acoustic in that song.

I really need to get something recorded. I would love to share some music with you guys sometime soon.
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.
Metanoian

Postby FrenchMachine » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:22 am

Nice song, InnerPaths. Great guitar! Post more of your stuff when it is done.

Since you said you like Teri Gender Bender from Bosnian Rainbows...do you like this song from her old band? Fucking love this song!!!

FrenchMachine

:)

Postby SalviaDroid » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:15 am

Salvia Divinorum ~Ethereal Awakening / Mixed Media / 10+ hours
SalviaDroid

PreviousNext

Return to Salvia Discussion