Salvia Art

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.

Salvia Art

Postby SalviaDroid » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 pm

hEllO there, I'm Salvia Droid. New to this site and just wanted to say greetings to everyone. I've been browsing through this site and it's good to see like minded individuals intrigued by the same entheogen.

Every time I journey through Salvia Space I attempt to re construct and translate the experience into a drawing. I know these images don't hold true justice to the actual trip, but hopefully with more practice and knowledge I'll come closer.

I have a few other drawings, maybe I'll post more soon. Cheers
(:
SalviaDroid

Re: Salvia Art

Postby unsigned_char72 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:32 pm

Welcome! and nice drawing, it's very salviesque. So why not use it in your avatar picture?
unsigned_char72

Postby tushaar » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Welcome and WOW!!!

moremoremoremore please ! I'm always intrigued by anything that depicts salvia, especially when it's not in the form of language but rather something more impressive - for example pictures or videos )
This here is awesome, please, I would be very interested in seeing the rest :)

peace
tushaar

Postby SalviaDroid » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:02 pm

~Timewave Zero
Here's another one I did a while back. I always feel like I'm moving on a conveyor belt through corridors. Everything melts together and merges with one another. This piece derived inspiration from Alex Grey's work "Net of being."

~Spinach Rolled

~Existentia

~Alpha Sage
This is a more recent picture. It depicts one of the Entities I came across in Salvia Space. It's quite impossible for me to show exactly what I saw. I don't like how it came out looking a bit too "clean," but it's probably as close as I will come to in a visual translation.

~Rolling Deep
Here's me melting into my bed. Tried to capture a bit of a "cartoonish" feeling to this one. I think my pillow was trying to communicate with me... haha XD

I have a couple more drawings if your interested check them out here: http://salviadroid.deviantart.com/gallery/38100452
I would like to write a book about my experiences and also give education on how to properly experience this sage. Let me know what you guys think.
SalviaDroid

Postby AkashicRecord » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:36 pm

This is some amazing shit. Looking forward to more.

On a personal note, this makes me really wish I was an artist and could depict my experiences in a more subjective way, other than silly writing.

Edit: By the way, that last one has some "deja vu" aspects for me. Although "deja vu" is not the right concept at all. Those that can understand that statement, will.
My brain is my computer, and DMT is my Internet.

"I am the Lord of the Double Wand of Power; the wand of the Force of Coph Nia—but my left hand is empty, for I have crushed an Universe; & nought remains."
AkashicRecord

Postby orinn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:32 pm

nice artwork, helps bring the salvia reality into this dimension.

I always had a plan to make a 3d installation of my bedroom being rolled up or folded away, just didn't get round to it yet!!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 19849c.jpg

:D
orinn

Postby SalviaDroid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:14 pm

@ AkashicRecord- Thanks man, I'll keep making some more. You don't have to be an artist to articulate your experiences. Drawings don't have to be perfect, just accurate. I don't think my drawings are as accurate as could be but you can still try! Music is another good way to express your experiences, maybe just play around with stuff until you find what works best.

@ Orinn- That's pretty sweet man! The first time my beroom melted and folded everything up was pretty insane.. You should definitely keep working on it! I'm interested to see how it comes out, keep us posted? :]
SalviaDroid

Postby Metanoian » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:55 am

SalviaDroid wrote:~Rolling Deep
Here's me melting into my bed. Tried to capture a bit of a "cartoonish" feeling to this one. I think my pillow was trying to communicate with me... haha XD

This is so eerie it's unbelievable. I just took a trip with some Salvia and Spice this weekend and I melted into my bed exactly like this. Great work. ;) I'd love to see more.

The only other artist I've seen convey the Salvia experience so well is Mark Maxwell. I'm sure you're already aware of him, but if not, look him up ;)

SalviaDroid wrote:Music is another good way to express your experiences, maybe just play around with stuff until you find what works best.

I'll second this. I can't say I've created anything that expresses the Salviaspace, but have been very interested (rather, obsessed) with icaros lately.

Music is a great creative outlet.
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.
Metanoian

Postby kakulja » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:23 am

Hi to everyone , these drawings are amazing my friend. There is no better way to express your soul than through art :) another high level language
You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness
Terence McKenna
kakulja

Postby SalviaDroid » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Riding that scary roller coaster known as the Diviners Sage. It feels like life unzips itself and twirls you about aimlessly. The crowd above are meant to represent the individuals of whom I’ve come across in my lifetime.. friends, co workers, family etc.

@Dioxippus Damn, taking Spice and Salvia simultaneously seems like it would be a pretty intense experience. I'm a big fan of Mark Maxwell. He is a true genius at translating the Salvinorin experience. I wish I could draw like him. He makes my stuff look like chicken scratch.
I'll definitely have to check out Icaros' music :]

@kakulja Thanks! Drawing is just so much fun. Do you guys have any drawings you can share also? I'd like to see other people's take on these obscured experiences.

If your interested check out some music I created that was influenced by Salvia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inu57U734uA
SalviaDroid

Next

Return to Salvia Discussion