Salvia - in the news

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
Curious

Salvia - in the news

Post by Curious » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:46 pm

So I'm watching TV and I see a story about Demi More having a medical emergency in which she was semi-conscious and convulsing. Her companions were on a lengthy phone call with 911 which was aired on the show. The companions mentioned a couple of times that she had been "smoking something". The news show suggested she had been smoking Salvia. Not only did they suggest it, but they displayed the word SALVIA on the screen when they suggested it was the cause of her collapse. They also suggested a possible mental/emotional breakdown combined with alcohol and/or prescription medication, but it was the word SALVIA which was displayed on the TV screen. It will be interesting to what the media does with this story in the next few weeks. Hopefully they will run with an emotional breakdown complicated by prescription med's. But beings the companions clearly stated she was smoking something, and they were vague about what it was, the news may latch onto the mysterious substance and run with a negative Salvia story.

burningmouth

Re: Salvia - in the news

Post by burningmouth » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:25 pm

The lady in the 911 call said that Demi had been smoking something like 'incense' and that she was burning up. Salvia does make some people sweat. But if Demi had been smoking a strong hit of extract, then the effects shouldn't have lasted more than five minutes. Demi seemed to have been out of it for more than 5 minutes. Maybe another drug was influencing the salvia trip. Another thing: She and Miley just costarred in a movie that's supposed to be coming out soon. Alot of times these celebs seem to get into trouble right before the release of a film. Image

The teens don't care about a 50ish year old woman doing salvia, but if Justin Bieber was ever associated with it---look out.

teeko

Post by teeko » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 am

thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

soulscoobna

Post by soulscoobna » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:12 am

Isn't MDPV marketed as "incense" too? Apparently the emergency call just mentioned incense, so I don't see why people jumped to Salvia over say more dangerous incenses, like, all of them. I'm sure Miley hooked her up.

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 am

I was thinking that it was one of the synthetic cannabanoids. Those are marketed as "incense" too.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

verybestsalvia

Post by verybestsalvia » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:42 pm

I think celebrity do this type of activities right before the release of a film for publicity.

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:54 am

I'm with cowfodder, it is probably cannabinoid based blend she smoked. If anyone has ever overdid it with a cannabinoid blend, you know how long and difficult of an experience it can be until the effects drop you back into yourself. The handful of times it has happened to me, I've experienced severe dissociation, automatic leg movement, and blood pressure drops all the way to almost passing out...just to name a few of the major symptoms of overdoing it with jwh. Plus, jwh blends I am sure are way more popular than salvia these days...
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog