Tvsuat's book

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
SalvinorinAlpha

Tvsuat's book -

Post by SalvinorinAlpha » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Okay, let's try this the right way. The book does look interesting, and I will most likely pick it up in the very near future. burningmouth, I know you're out there. Thoughts? :)

fractals

Re: Tvsuat's book -

Post by fractals » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:03 pm

SalvinorinAlpha wrote:Okay, let's try this the right way. The book does look interesting, and I will most likely pick it up in the very near future. burningmouth, I know you're out there. Thoughts? :)
I bought it today, and plan to read it and review it here in the next week or so.

It's too bad he stepped on every forum rule there is while establishing himself here. Unless he has just "sold out" and is cashing in on the popularity of his youtube vids, he probably would have contributed a helluva lot to this forum. Here's hoping he signs up with a proper name and tries again to gain a foothold the polite way. I have talked to him privately and find him a nice guy.

SalvinorinAlpha

Post by SalvinorinAlpha » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:05 pm

I'm sure he was trying to push the book to make some sales, but I think he could contribute to many discussions we have here. I hope he joins up again and does it the right way ;)

I might buy the book today too, I'm just reading through some of the sample pages he has up. Looks like it's worth the few bucks. His videos were some of the best I've seen, so I'm sure the book will contain some interesting stuff.

burningmouth

Post by burningmouth » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:08 pm

SalvinorinAlpha wrote:Okay, let's try this the right way. The book does look interesting, and I will most likely pick it up in the very near future. burningmouth, I know you're out there. Thoughts? :)
Congratulations to tvsuat. To be able to put your salvia ideas into book form is something to be proud of. The book cover looks nice. What if I live in the US and can't pay in Euros? What is a bank transfer? Is it the same as a check? I don't have paypal.

Have you noticed in the last few days there have been multiple drive-by new members posting spam? I wish tvsuat would actually post some messages in the forum about his book. If he doesn't, then that woud suggest that he is a bit disingenuous. If he really has his shit together, he would try to get interviewed on coasttocoastam or some other radio show. We should be on the lookout for any podcasts of him being interviewed.

By the way, I just watched "the adjustment bureau". It had a good start, but then fizzled out into a goofy love story. They could have made a great movie about parallel realities and maintenance beings. This proves that actors like Matt Damon are worthless without a good screenplay.
Last edited by burningmouth on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SalvinorinAlpha

Post by SalvinorinAlpha » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:28 pm

FrenchMachine wrote:SalvinorinAlpha, you are Dioxipuss arent you? What's with the new name?

You can't fool me.
Yes. It was time for a change. I had been using that name for many years and it had run it's course.

I thought The Adjustment Bureau was alright, even if it ended up being a love story. Nothing really special, but I enjoyed the whole doors concept and trying to find "The Chairman". I think pretty much any movie has to have some sort of romantic element in it to do well nowadays. Women just don't like stories without a bit of love thrown in. And let's face it, most guys take their girlfriends to the movies as a date, and these cheesy love stories get them all primed for the ride home :D

And of course, I'll send the pdf to anyone who is interested. I think these ideas should be freely talked about and exchanged. I've actually contemplated writing a book about Salvia myself, but I wouldn't feel right charging money for it. Perhaps I will one day, but have it available for a free download.

Viveka

Post by Viveka » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:02 pm

I read the entire book last night (it's not very long) and found it very compelling. Tvsuat's videos are one of the main reasons my friend decided to try Salvia, so I had to read the book. One quote in particular that I found interesting was when he was speaking to some cat-people. He had asked how he could get back out of the illusion of life once he returned. The cat person said,

"That's what Salvia is for! That's why it's in the illusion - as a secret exit."

This idea is revisited several times in the book. I wonder if anyone else has heard this or gotten this impression?
Last edited by Viveka on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wormhole

Post by wormhole » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:19 am

Viveka wrote:
"That's what Salvia is for! That's why it's in the illusion - as a secret exit."

This idea is revisited several times in the book. I wonder if anyone else has heard this or gotten this impression?
Yes--it seems to SWIM like a doorway out. You exit, get kicked around the reality-machine for a few minutes, and then get nudged back towards the original reality from which you came. It's like stepping into a giant glass revolving door and witnessing other places/things, but never getting to exit into that space completely. Roll in, roll out, roll in, roll out, rotate, rotate, and back to where you came.

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:01 am

wormhole wrote:Yes--it seems to SWIM like a doorway out. You exit, get kicked around the reality-machine for a few minutes, and then get nudged back towards the original reality from which you came.
Hopefully! Never sure of that.
I agree. Salvia looks pretty much like an exit door to SWIM. Once some entity mocked his name, and suggests to change it into exitdoorlover24 (!).
wormhole wrote: It's like stepping into a giant glass revolving door and witnessing other places/things, but never getting to exit into that space completely. Roll in, roll out, roll in, roll out, rotate, rotate, and back to where you came.
The rotation is the most common effect, in SWIM's and other reports he read. The metaphysical feeling linked to the rotation/wheel can vary, though. Sometimes the wheel *is* the body of the 'lady', sometimes the rotating wheel is composed of the many realities, and the experience is an exit from all realities. The place he finds himself to be in is not even a place. There is no time there, nothing comparable to anything here. Yet, he never feels to be alone. Even that does not make sense.

teeko

Post by teeko » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Who is tvsuat? Why was he banned?

Why do you salvia folks always feel the need to change your usernames? I have noticed more people in the salvia forum do such a thing where as people who dont venture to this part of the forum never seem to change their usernames.

Death/rebirth? Is the person here now not the same as last week?
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

bombazil

Post by bombazil » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:28 pm

teeko wrote:Who is tvsuat? Why was he banned?
http://www.youtube.com/user/tvsuat

He's written an ebook and spammed about 10 threads with the exact same advert. (& googling TVsuat I just discovered many other forums were affected.)
teeko wrote:Why do you salvia folks always feel the need to change your usernames? I have noticed more people in the salvia forum do such a thing where as people who dont venture to this part of the forum never seem to change their usernames.

Death/rebirth? Is the person here now not the same as last week?
Last week? We're changing our minds every 20th of a second or so ;)