Are Salvia Forum Members Unknowingly Participating in a Manhattan Project?

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
burningmouth

Are Salvia Forum Members Unknowingly Participating in a Manhattan Project? -

Post by burningmouth » Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 pm

We have some great minds working here in the salvia forum. Kedabra has presented fascinating ideas about the salvia ‘superstructure’ and simulacra/simulations. SalviaLover24 has proprietary scientific ideas concerning the minutia that fills out our surrounding reality. FrenchMachine has contributed original ideas about the wheels-gears and accompanying maintenance beings. I just learned that Dioxippus has the possible ability to perceive future events before they happen.

Presently, there is an explosion of posts coming from our new members. They have ideas that haven’t even been posted yet. Ideas that could change the direction of salvia research.

Is it possible that the salvinorin molecule has brought us all together in order to influence the future avenues of world integration and perception?

I have always thought that the edot salvia forum was something special. Right now we are just one of several different salvia communities on the internet. Not only do I want us to be the premier salvia forum on the internet. I want us to get more hits than the entire ‘Twitter’ website. Outlandish, you say? Maybe not. What’s wrong with throwing the idea out there that we have been chosen by the salvinorin molecule to change the world? Maybe just the shared perception that we have been chosen by the molecule is enough to set in motion the generation of new quantum states that could eventually lead to the actuality. If no one is willing to talk about it, then how are the quantum states going to materialize? I‘m nutty enough to talk about it.

I’m not saying that we should forcibly focus our energy on an unknown Manhattan Project. All I’m saying is that we should let the idea germinate in our brains. Let the new members join in and create their own personal threads while presenting their own ideas about salvia. While all this is going on, the salvinorin molecule will be collating the data in the backgrounds of our minds. Hopefully, one day in the future it will lead to something positive.

This might all just be crazy talk, but the universe is a crazy place.

One ‘Catch 22’ downside to all this is that if we did get more hits than ‘Twitter’, edot would be overloaded and would shut down.
I guess the odds of that happening are pretty slim.
(but the odds of a butterfly causing a thunderstorm are also slim)
(maybe the butterfly will keep edot going for a long time) :)
Last edited by burningmouth on Thu May 26, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbmac

Re: Are Salvia Forum Members Unknowingly Participating in a Manhattan Project? -

Post by jbmac » Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 pm

"This might all just be crazy talk, but the universe is a crazy place." - Yes!

This is proof that Lady S makes one think.

Metanoian

Re: Are Salvia Forum Members Unknowingly Participating in a Manhattan Project? -

Post by Metanoian » Fri May 27, 2011 12:36 am

I love that you dream big burningmouth. It's infectious ;)

It's my belief, although I do wish the reality of it was different, that Salvia forums/posts/reports/interest seems to ebb and flow. There's an explosion of ideas and discussion, experimentation and experience, then it slows down. I see it as a great wave, smashing the shore and stirring everything up, then receding back into the ocean from whence it came.

I wish, and hope, interest will sky rocket and just continue to steadily increase. It just hasn't been that way in the past. Perhaps if those of us who are truly passionate about this plant band together and simply do not allow the wave to roll back, we can change that pattern of ebb and flow. I'd certainly love that to come to fruition :)
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.

burningmouth

Post by burningmouth » Fri May 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Dioxippus wrote:I love that you dream big burningmouth. It's infectious ;)

It's my belief, although I do wish the reality of it was different, that Salvia forums/posts/reports/interest seems to ebb and flow. There's an explosion of ideas and discussion, experimentation and experience, then it slows down. I see it as a great wave, smashing the shore and stirring everything up, then receding back into the ocean from whence it came.

I wish, and hope, interest will sky rocket and just continue to steadily increase. It just hasn't been that way in the past. Perhaps if those of us who are truly passionate about this plant band together and simply do not allow the wave to roll back, we can change that pattern of ebb and flow. I'd certainly love that to come to fruition :)
After waking up from a long nap, I realized that I might have been temporarily insane when I wrote my above post. The idea of a salvia molecule with an agenda seems too preposterous/looney. Dio, I think you know where I'm coming from when I try to push the envelope. Sometimes the envelope breaks.

You're right. The posts have a way of ebbing and flowing. I guess things run in cycles.

Anyway, while laying in bed thinking about the broken envelope, I wrote an addition to the OP on my word processor. Here it is.

I have to admit that the thread’s question is very preposterous.
So I’ve come up with three scenarios in decreasing preposterosity:

1) The internet is slowly becoming self aware. It is stealthily involved in its own ‘Manhattan Project’, the goal of which is to be one chess step ahead of humans. If the internet does becomes self aware, it probably won’t be showing its cards. It will continue to play dumb (at least for a while).

2) An intelligence outside our reality or an intelligent subset of our own multilayered reality is either eavesdropping on or actively manipulating our comments in this forum. The process of collecting data could be compared to a modern day ‘Manhattan Project’. The actual data itself could be an informational atomic bomb. The eavesdropping might be going on at other websites as well. The agenda of the outside or hidden reality is unknown.

3) Private and/or government ‘Think Tanks’ are actively acquiring and analyzing data from all sources including the internet. Their goal or ‘Manhattan Project’ is to use exotic algorithms with which to cross reference complex information and then sell it in the open market. If the open market isn’t willing to buy, then rogue nations or terrorist outfits might be interested.
Information is power.
^(Wikileaks)^

The idea that our comments in forums and blogs are being stealthily analyzed isn’t preposterous at all. The National Security Agency has been doing it for years. But can a molecule analyze and/or manipulate information? Can a molecule utilize human beings for it’s own agenda? The agenda being the ‘breaking into’ of our physical world? And is the agenda benevolent or malevolent? I don’t know.

equabilestudios

Post by equabilestudios » Sat May 28, 2011 6:10 am

Dioxippus wrote: I see it as a great wave, smashing the shore and stirring everything up, then receding back into the ocean from whence it came.
Maybe the waves are part of a bigger picture. We may be on the crescendo of a "high tide" period. Just in the way mind altering drugs seemed to come out in full force in the rock era of our recent past, maybe this is the next push as we get closer to the next world age. When we re-realize that we are part of a much bigger picture. Look at the knowledge coming out of CERN, ( not running at full power, still looking for that damn Boson ) but progress none the less.

Maybe Salvia could be the "transcendental object"

maybe ______________________

Who the hell knows. Speculation is great, because we can only rule out fallacy when we have spent enough time looking for truth proving it.

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Sat May 28, 2011 7:40 am

burningmouth wrote: But can a molecule analyze and/or manipulate information? Can a molecule utilize human beings for it’s own agenda? The agenda being the ‘breaking into’ of our physical world? And is the agenda benevolent or malevolent? I don’t know.
I would say that's what *you* decide. There is no reason to trust more a plant than the government or the church. So what matter is what *you* feel. If you feel it might be malevolent *you* can take a break.
Swim finds it super-benevolent ... with respect to his value. Humanity seems not to be that benevolent. So we will learn, hopefully.

midlifecrises

Post by midlifecrises » Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 am

I have a couple of ideas. For people who do not have sitters and would like one, if they have a computer with Skype and a web camera, another member could sit for them via their computers. Specifics would need to be worked out between the parties, in case of emergency. For the most part though, those of us who do not have sitters, don't anticipate trying to cook dinner while tripping. I think we mostly do it in a quiet space, with intention. Just being able to check in with someone who is a silent participant, might put some people at ease, and allow then to explore Salvia space. I was thinking it would be nice to have someone to check in with, yesterday, when SWIM partook again.

Someone else mentioned they were interested in learning more about Salvia Speech. If people were to record their sessions using webcams and a screenshot recording program like SnagIT, they could upload the trips to a private youtube account, or a private webpage, for study.

These are really rough ideas. Just thought I'd throw them out there, If any are worthy of consideration, they can be ironed out.

A side note: Yesterday SWIM had the space/time to partake. Believe SWIM smoked even more dry leaf than the first time, however, nothing of significance happened. Does dry leaf loose it's power having been sitting in a bowl for a couple of weeks? I'm going to have to wait a while before partaking again, my plant needs all the leaves she has to start growing again. I had to transplant her a second time (nasty infestation of fungus gnats that I could not get a handle on...) so she's still in shock I think, from transport in the mail, two transplants into pots, and living in a hot/dry climate. She has blessed me with four new leaves though, and the original 20 (or so) leaves are still in good shape (a little browning on the bottom leaves) but all in all, I think she'll take off here in a couple of weeks. A couple of the new leaves are growing fast, so I'm confident she and I are over the hump!

bombazil

Post by bombazil » Sat May 28, 2011 12:46 pm

midlifecrises wrote:I have a couple of ideas. For people who do not have sitters and would like one, if they have a computer with Skype and a web camera, another member could sit for them via their computers. Specifics would need to be worked out between the parties, in case of emergency. For the most part though, those of us who do not have sitters, don't anticipate trying to cook dinner while tripping. I think we mostly do it in a quiet space, with intention. Just being able to check in with someone who is a silent participant, might put some people at ease, and allow then to explore Salvia space. I was thinking it would be nice to have someone to check in with, yesterday, when SWIM partook again.

Someone else mentioned they were interested in learning more about Salvia Speech. If people were to record their sessions using webcams and a screenshot recording program like SnagIT, they could upload the trips to a private youtube account, or a private webpage, for study.

These are really rough ideas. Just thought I'd throw them out there, If any are worthy of consideration, they can be ironed out.

A side note: ...
Both great ideas. That said, a "Skype sitter" might not be able to stop someone doing something stupid, and woul have to have some personal details (eg address) to help out if someone did hurt him/herself.

Re the side note: maybe it would be worth buying an ounce of plain leaf or a gram of 5x?

KiefSweat

Post by KiefSweat » Sat May 28, 2011 1:33 pm

on a side note, if nobody believes every word you type on the internet is being watched...massive fail. anyway
i sometimes sit and wonder some of these same things. Why did i choose to re aquire some salvia materials, why did i decide to join this forum on whim? i have no idea, but ever since, i feel like i have gained much more than i have spent. I get the *feels perfect, meant to be* feeling sometimes, just sitting and thinking about my shortly lived salvia experiences. These forums teach so much beyond the use of a substance. Its almost like watching someones mind, in the form a blossoming tree just sprouting new sprouts everywhere and even things that should not be there, are there.
i dont know weather ive beenchemicaly altered by a substance or just shown a different path in my mind, that i can take. idk
i feel different though, in a good way.

burningmouth

Post by burningmouth » Sat May 28, 2011 4:35 pm

salvialover24 wrote:Swim finds it super-benevolent ... with respect to his value. Humanity seems not to be that benevolent. So we will learn, hopefully.
Swim also finds it super-benevolent. Sometimes I think we need to let the duality-processing work its way through. That's why I posted that 'Hospital' story.

Maybe the super-benevolence of salvia reality will rush in and fill the void of humanity's lack of benevolence. Maybe that is how salvia reality will break into the physical world, through some kind of quasi-physical/moral process.
KiefSweat wrote: Its almost like watching someones mind, in the form a blossoming tree just sprouting new sprouts everywhere and even things that should not be there, are there.
I like that. It sounds fractal.