Sphere: In memoriam

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
CrystalMantis

Sphere: In memoriam -

Post by CrystalMantis » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:19 pm

http://imageevent.com/sphere/

You may have known him with another username (for example Dusenostachys or Orb), but surely his techniques on refining Salvinorin A and his amazing pictures are something one could not have missed while searching for information on this herb.

A rather bright fellow :disappointed: .

Rest Easily, Sphere.
Last edited by CrystalMantis on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jupe

Re: Sphere: In memoriam -

Post by Jupe » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:24 am

What happened? I know he went to Afghanistan last year or so......He was a good guy, good family man. I talked once on the phone with him, few years back.......great amateur scientist well. Rest in Peace Chris.

Metanoian

Post by Metanoian » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 am

I did not know him, but I still wish him luck in his journey, where ever he may be. That link is a good one. Sounds as if he did some great work with Salvia.
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.

LowSix

Post by LowSix » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:29 am

well shit.

He was a super guy..
very very nice.
and patient..

CrystalMantis

Post by CrystalMantis » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:59 am

What happened?
I am afraid i do not know any more information, i just found out too. Truth is that up to now i didnt even know his real name :oops: , i just had an admiration for his work in general. I randomly visited his webpage to recheck on some things i had forgotten and show a friend of mine some pictures when my eye first fell on the "The web pages at the following links remain exactly as Sphere last left them - Jon. " part underneath the pictures , and then looking for more information i found the heading which has date of birth and date of death.

What is more disturbing is that im quite late on the news, it seems that in forums where he was known for his techniques at the subject (i think he passed from shroomery as well) and his devontion he will not be forgotten since...he wasnt even remembered! By a message on the guestbook (here, scroll down) , it seems as if in May 1st 2010 he died/was already dead which makes it quite embarrasing that i announce it almost 3 months after the event...

Jupe

Post by Jupe » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:06 pm

..thanx Crystal Mantis.....Chris had been quite the good amateur chemist for awhile, and was busy everywhere, posting his crystal techs.... but I think slowed down abit for various reasons, family and money being two of them..
.I chatted with him here and there, even at the old spiritplants forum....he could be quite the stubborn guy, got into a few flame fests way back them....2003. (when I first tried salvia, and joined every forum....(who doesn't) anyways, I think he had some depressive issues, and got them straightened out, as I asked for his suggestions on meds for a friend.
He was quite gracious....he was a radar tech of some sort in Alaska where he lived and went over to Afghanistan for the money involved, a few years back before it got more crazy, supposed to be for a year or so, his posts here were from over there... so maybe thats where he left us.

If I find anything more, I'll post it here, thanx for letting us know.

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:39 pm

I did not knew him. I have often google-image on salvinorin a and found many of those beautiful pictures, not knowing most were made by him. Nice pages also. Thanks for the news.

CrystalMantis

Post by CrystalMantis » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:50 pm

Well, i wish the news i had to share were not death related but...someone must relay the bad news too.
If I find anything more, I'll post it here, thanx for letting us know.
Please do. I do not know if other forums would like to know the news as well, i dont know if he had online friends in a forum that might have missed him...

420_4life

Post by 420_4life » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:15 pm

http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showt...ing+salvinorin

here is a comprehensive thread of mine, many posts of sphere's contained within the thread. I'm sure I can find several other threads of mine and his about salvinorin extractions, sphere and I were posting back and forth to one another for quite some time attempting to imporove the methods of extracting salvinorin

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:51 am

Damn.

I can't think of anything else to say.

I'll see you in hyperspace bud.

R.I.P.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin