Is Habitual And Excessive Salvia Have Cons?

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
Dovember

Is Habitual And Excessive Salvia Have Cons? -

Post by Dovember » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:24 am

Well, I'm a big fan of psychedelic mind altering plants and such but I haven't tried salvia YET. From what I've read it really seems like my type of thing.

I have this vision, of me entering a room flooded with salvia smoke while smoking a salvia joint. When I get inside I hit a salvia gravity bong. Then I chew some quids and smoke some more joints. Again and again.

Is usage like this hazardous in any way? If so could you please elaborate. If insanity is the only thing to fear here then I see no problem.

Basically, pothead is to marijuana as I plan to be with salvia.

Is this okay?

(Again, if there would be some consequences please be specific instead of saying 'that can't be good' or ' that doesn't seem like a good idea'.)

EDIT: Oh yes and I plan on throwing some shrooms and plenty of other craziness into the mix.

greeny

Re: Is Habitual And Excessive Salvia Have Cons? -

Post by greeny » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:50 am

Too much salvia will only cause amnesia, so who knows what you'll do while blacked out. Maybe you'll find yourself dismembered all over your room and across this forum, stuck for eternity... you can try and see what happens. :P

salviaeffects

Post by salviaeffects » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:55 am

hope you can bring stuff back from your trips.

lucid scream

Post by lucid scream » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:29 am

i like to get Sally, Lucy, Horse, Candycaine, Angel together and spike them in to my main vein. its like another universe. whoa, dude.

Jaykzo

Post by Jaykzo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:30 am

All I can say is that I wouldn't reccomend it.

As a serious pothead myself, I can say with confidence that Salvia doesn't really work like that. Its not like you take a hit, then get higher with the more hits you take.

After one good hit, you won't really be able to take another. Your senses will be somewhere else. If by chance you can take another, that one will most likely send you into a black out, or amnesiac experience.

I can't see any of the good things about Salvia coming out from this kind of ingestion.

Good luck,
Jake

Jaykzo

Post by Jaykzo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:31 am

On another note, does anyone smell a troll? Or am I being paranoid?

robinhoody

Post by robinhoody » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:00 am

Salvia is not like that.

Salvia is not a recreational marijuana alternative.

If you disrespect the plant like that, you can expect serious repercussions. Maybe not physical, but I'd wager on having some possible emotional or psyche damage. There's a reason you take breaks between psychedelic/psychospiritual experiences, your body, mind, soul, and ego need time to recuperate, take in, and process the experience.

In short, I wouldn't recommend it.

Dovember

Post by Dovember » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:24 am

uhm, robinhoody I see no disrespect here.

If your wife is really hot is it disrespect to make love to her excessively? Of course not. The same analogy applies to salvia or for that matter any other thing in life. Disrespect isn't the proper word to use, I'd think more along the lines of supreme appreciation.

And I'm well aware that salvia isn't a marijuana alternative dammit. Who said I wanted to take it 'recreationally' (i.e to party or have fun social wise or whatever)? Who said I didn't want this to be an aid in my spiritual development (I do). Can't a man simply enjoy spiritual realities so much that he wants to have them frequently?

Maybe I'll understand your perspective a bit more once I actually try it out first.

salviaeffects

Post by salviaeffects » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:26 am

try it and go from there

vmpeds99

Post by vmpeds99 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:23 pm

Its probably just going to freak you out.