Anyone from the old Edot forums still around?

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.
cowfodder
Site Admin

Re: Anyone from the old Edot forums still around?

Post by cowfodder » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:41 am

I can elaborate a little bit. Back sometime in 2011 edot suddenly went offline. The old owner just stopped paying for hosting. Due to the efforts of a few members we were able to backup the old forum and integrate it into the new one. Since then traffic has been kinda low, but I'm loathe to just let this place go. I was a bit down last year around the time the site was up for renewal and made a post about letting it die, or transferring ownership to someone else, but aqualung stepped in and donated enough to cover another year of hosting. At this time, other than making sure the forums stay spam free, I'm just leaving it pretty much as is. I'm glad new people are still finding their way here, and plan on leaving it up for the foreseeable future.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:08 am

Thank you for carrying the torch. I'm optimistic with the new traffic lately.

Franlove

Post by Franlove » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:18 pm

As an old reader of the very old version of the forum, don't hesitate to ask if you need some help !

nepalnt2121

Post by nepalnt2121 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:05 pm

just had to re-register (old email addy is lost), been awhile.

the destruction of the ultimate pic thread was emotionally devastating for me :/

i think that signified the very quick downfall of the forum, with the behind the scenes drama. shame, i remember it being people that really had nothing to do with the content of the site but somehow had vip access somehow? fwir, it was petty drama and was really sad.

still glad to see SOME activity on the new forum.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:03 pm

yeah it seems things like that happen in cycles. Something cool is built, it attracts attention. Some of that attention is from ne'er do wells who want to burn it down, and procede to. Most go a few hardcore keep the lights on until new folks find what was built and the old folks find their wat home. Then the cycle repeats with new people and new faces burning and rebuilding.

Yes the activity is inspiring optimism. Flapjack and I have a thread going on in politically incorrect and I would love your input.

Also Thank you cowfodder for keeping the lights on for us.

unsigned_char72

Post by unsigned_char72 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:28 pm

I'm still around as well :D

I was active on the old Edot from 2005, and in 2011 helped cowfodder to migrate the forum messages, basically scraping them one by one from the old website which was still accessible with its IP numerical address.

Nowdays I'm checking only from time to time, but I'm still here