Salvia Mohavensis

This is the place to discuss Salvia divinorum, splendins, and the other psychoactive salvias.

Salvia Mohavensis

Postby Subversive » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:13 pm

A friend is doing research into this particularly fragrant and resinous sage. He is, however, having a hard time finding any solid information on the phytochemical content of the aforementioned sage.

He has performed several bioassays of smoked flower and has experienced a sense of warmth and mild euphoria from 3 hits over ~2 minutes. Similar effects are experienced from each assay. It should be mentioned that my friend uses a new pipe when working with new plants, to ensure effects from residue from other things do not lead to false results or assumptions of activity. He has experienced no adverse effects to date, but is hesitant to try a higher dose to see if any significant psychoactive effects, but is in search of more information prior to doing so.

Does anyone have any (useful) information on this sage?

Updates will be posted to this thread as my friend gathers more info and/or assays the plant again.
The only stupid questions are those that go unasked
Subversive

Re: Salvia Mohavensis

Postby Subversive » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 pm

My friend's post from another forum about his most recent assay of Salvia Mohavensis:

After smoking 5 hits over a 3 minute interval, which produced similar euphoriant effects to my prior trials, but with the additional effect if marked color enhancement and trails on par with strong cannabis. So far, nothing psychedelic has been observed, but today's trial makes me wonder if it might be more than a euphoriant at higher doses. As with prior trials, no negative effects were observed. I'm going to wait a few days, then try a 7 or 8 hits in rapid succession to see where it goes. I still need to try using a torch like I did with salvia divinorum on this and see. nemorosa. I'll post updates and possibly a trip report, depending on how my next trial goes. If any hint of true psychedelic effects, I will be sure to post a TR summarizing the information I have gathered and bioassay results.
The only stupid questions are those that go unasked
Subversive

Re: Salvia Mohavensis

Postby unsigned_char72 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:48 am

Interesting. My only suggestion is to experience it on eyes closed, as it could be like in S. Divinorum where having eyes open greatly reduces the psychoactivity.

I would also try vaping it.
unsigned_char72

Return to Salvia Discussion