Cactus identification

This is the place to discuss Peyote, San Pedro, Donna Anna, etc.
kurius

Cactus identification

Post by kurius » Sun May 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Hello and thank you in advance if you choose to help swim with identification of these two cacti. They were given to swim many years ago by a fellow 'traveler'. He and I both grew Salvia here in Southern California where it is still legal and the climate is ripe for healthy plants. He said these two cacti were sacred and to take good care of them. Swim has loved and nurtured them from little tiny nubs to these big guys. Swim is moving and cannot take them with her. Swim would like to harvest them should they be sacred plants. Can anyone help identify? Swim cant figure how to insert pictures, so made a slide show. Time is short so if these are sacred, do need to get them processed and the liquid frozen within the next two weeks. I am an old fart and don't so much like to "trip" any more, as chill out. Swim also grows Calia, boils it and add it to tea (it's an acquired taste). Swim harvested all of her calia plants last week. Do have about 20 rooting in a vase though. They root easily.

If these are indeed sacred (mescaline would be GREAT) and can be processed and freezen as ice cubes, it would be nice to add to an evening tea, or beverage of choice, and just chill. Don't know if this is possible, but I hate to send these off to the landfill if they are sacred. Thanks

https://youtu.be/EpencBwdycs

My apologies on the 'swim' stuff if not needed in the cacti forums. Been a LONG time since I've posted and I cant remember the rules, so better safe than sorry.

FrenchMachine

Re: Cactus identification

Post by FrenchMachine » Sun May 31, 2015 1:22 am

Please send them to me and I will make sure they continue to survive out here in the dry desert landscape instead of them ending up in a landfill.