Treating Depression and Anxiety using Low Dose San Pedro?

This is the place to discuss Peyote, San Pedro, Donna Anna, etc.
starblue

Treating Depression and Anxiety using Low Dose San Pedro?

Post by starblue » Sat May 23, 2015 7:27 am

Hi

My collie dog read on these forums and elsewhere on the net where people have successfully treated chronic depression and anxiety using microdosing (and full psychedelic doses) of San Pedro.

He tells me that he has had a really bad bout of depression and anxiety lately and meds are helping though of course they are not the full answer. He gets bad bouts of anxiety these days though the general trend is getting better.

He tells me he has a half pound of organic grandfathered San Pedro incense on the way from Peru. He read on these forums say here http://entheogen-network.com/forums/vie ... f=7&t=9878 where a guy helped himself using micro-doses of the stuff. Not in the sense of a cure but to help have better days.

But, my collie told me that even though he has the powder on the way from Peru, he has a gnawing anxiety about consuming even a quarter gram of the stuff, as he had horrific experiences in the past with other psychedelics, i.e. mushrooms (took waaaaaay too many once). and more recently a couple of years ago where a tiny amount of powdered mexican cubensis bought off the net gave him a huge anxiety attack, maybe because of bad set and setting.

I suppose my anxiety about taking it is normal enough, but could become a self-fulfilling prophesy-type situation. Somehow I've been attracted to San Pedro in recent months.

Any comments welcome.
Thanks

Rumpelforeskin

Re: Treating Depression and Anxiety using Low Dose San Pedro

Post by Rumpelforeskin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:52 pm

Why are you trying to treat your anxiety with something that gives you anxiety?

Sand Padro is not very strong. I don't think anything spectacular will happen with "micro dosing," except increase your anxiety because you'll think it's going to hit you too hard.

But give it a try and I just noticed this post is a year old and I'm actually not really talking to anyone

However, I found working out to help my anxiety. I think part of my anxiety stems from overthinking and being disconnected from my body. Working out at least an hour five days out of the week gives me some time to connect with my body. Don't worry about getting big, just use the time to connect with your body. Weight lifting is better I think. The aerobic stuff is good but I find lifting weights more enjoyable, more focusing, even though I still can't lift heavy weights.

jbmac

Post by jbmac » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:52 pm

i used to microdose cactus and found it to boost my mood

Hombre Pacífico

Post by Hombre Pacífico » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:04 pm

jbmac wrote:i used to microdose cactus and found it to boost my mood
Right on JB.

This cactus is so benign, don't listen to Rumpelfuck guy has a stick up his naive ass.

You can low dose this for such purposes without any fear brother.

I think it would be more effective for both A & D dosed at higher levels however. Just delve right in and trust that it will heal you.
Last edited by Hombre Pacífico on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hombre Pacífico

Post by Hombre Pacífico » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Btw, we know it's not your dog starblue. This is 2015-2016.

You can tell us the truth, we know the collie is you.

Hombre Pacífico

Post by Hombre Pacífico » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:52 pm

starblue,

San Pedro is a gentle and loving Teacher. Feel free to take a normal dose but low dosing will pose no risk to your anxiety.

Cactus is very different from fungus.

To be honest I only low dose mushrooms nowadays. I have experience with very high doses, talking upwards of 7 plus grams. Shamanic trance and ego death are givens at such heroic dose levels. I wouldn't eat more than a gram these days of any strain of mushroom without a benzo, and a benzo pretty much destroys the best therapeutic qualities of the mushroom journey.

Mushrooms can be intimidating especially at higher dosages.

Set and setting are crucial brother if you do decide to go all the way with Pedro.

Low doses will be extremely gentle with you have no fear.