Only the green skin for consumption?

This is the place to discuss Peyote, San Pedro, Donna Anna, etc.
Shamanism0013

Re: Only the green skin for consumption? -

Post by Shamanism0013 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:53 am

Interestingly there are sources which suggest peeling off and discarding the skin altogether, and only using the semi-green tissue between the inner white core and the outer membrane (skin).
this is exactly right! discard the waxy outer layer of almost plastic-like skin and keep the green layer just below. This waxy outer skin will make you SICK!
-Heard this reiterated in much literature over the years, and also believe it to be true. I have cut numerous pachanoi, and initially made a "fresh slurpie" with the whole cactus, minus the spines. No effects.
Then using the dried skins with green flesh, much better effects, and less nausea, although some. Plus its eatier to consume 25% than ~100% of the cactus.
Definitive scientific analysis has proven the green layer of flesh just below the waxy skin to be the most potent portion of Trichocereus cacti even rivaling that of peyote! I can cite the page number from Trout's notes if anybody would like more info.

MescalPlains

Post by MescalPlains » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:03 pm

But when dosing is 20g of T.peruvianus dried green layer the average "working" dose (roughly 300 mg mescaline) or is this 20g of dried green layer PLUS the tissue between the green layer and the middle circle (which is a lot more than just the green layer)? As much as SWIM understands it's probably the green layer's dry weight that is usually reported. But if the tissue between the green layer and the inner middle circle is also useful as have been said above, then how to dose that part of the plant? Is it 10x less potent or more (is there any literature on that)? Or should one forget the dry weight based dosing and equate 1 foot of Peruvianus to roughly 300 mg mescaline? Thanks!
Last edited by MescalPlains on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kadakuda

Post by Kadakuda » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Shamanism0013 wrote:People should use ONLY the green layer of skin, it is by far the most potent, be sure to peel off the waxy outer skin and separate out the white inner core!
Why? Most potent doesnt mean its the only active part. Seems wasteful to me, but if you have lots of it then seems logical. But throwing away very active parts of the plant just to get the most patent part seems odd to me. A little like only eating the base of a mango because its sweeter then throwing away all the fruit near the tip.

MescalPlains

Post by MescalPlains » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Why? Most potent doesnt mean its the only active part. Seems wasteful to me, but if you have lots of it then seems logical. But throwing away very active parts of the plant just to get the most patent part seems odd to me. A little like only eating the base of a mango because its sweeter then throwing away all the fruit near the tip.
But how do you go about dosing the dried white tissue? Is 20 g (as is the case with the green layer) of it sufficient to produce an experience or is the amount perhaps 5x of that?

Shamanism0013

Post by Shamanism0013 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:23 pm

yes, yes, YES! ONLY green skin!

Kadakuda

Post by Kadakuda » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 am

dosing is easy because most of the reports that quantify mescaline are for the entire cactus. So if you assume 1% then there you go for the dose....figure out how many mg roughyl you want of mesc and do the math. Of course any non-refined extraction is never going to be fully accurate as to mesc, and i dont htink most cactus easters care too much about exact mg's, just ball park...too many variables unless you extract crystals you wont know anyting specific.

I am not saying dont do just green skins, I am saying if you are paying for your cactus the inner white cortex is still worthy and active. To each their own, in my own opinion i dont like to wasting that much material. other people would rather spend more and have a more comfortable gut and easier to get down experience. its all preference, but one shouldnt write off inner cortex all together.

verybestsalvia

Re: Only the green skin for consumption?

Post by verybestsalvia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:56 am

I will suggest you to eat only the skin and left all the other portion.

catfish

Post by catfish » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:17 am

porque no dice "nosotros retardamos y no conoces nada sobre alguines"?
if its fiber, its not digestable, right? no le gusta la purga? no comer!
blend the whole damn thing and strain the snot out with a tshirt a couple times after cooking...
dont worry about freebase v. salts, b/c mescaline fb is highly water soluble
making syrup is prefereable, and im resurrecting "utfse" as this summer's mantra :P
;)
trade for what you want at the Botanical Swap Project: http://forums.botanicalswap.org/
and build your tradelist at our estore: http://shop.botanicalswap.org
specializing in high quality and low prices!

catfish

Post by catfish » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:32 am

porque no dice "nosotros retardamos y no conocemos nada sobre alguines"?
if its fiber, its not digestable, right? no le gusta la purga? no comer!
blend the whole damn thing and strain the snot out with a tshirt a couple times after cooking...
dont worry about freebase v. salts, b/c mescaline fb is highly water solublee
making syrup is prefereable, and im resurrecting "utfse" as this summer's mantra :P
;)
trade for what you want at the Botanical Swap Project: http://forums.botanicalswap.org/
and build your tradelist at our estore: http://shop.botanicalswap.org
specializing in high quality and low prices!