Legendary Purple San Pedro

This is the place to discuss Peyote, San Pedro, Donna Anna, etc.
jimmywimmy

Legendary Purple San Pedro -

Post by jimmywimmy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:05 pm

So, I'm sure most of you have heard of the legendary purple T. Pachanoi. If not; It's just a purple colored San Pedro cactus with a super high alkaloid concentration.

Has anyone ever managed to grow this? If so, how did you manage to do this? Did you use the Backberg clone?

My pet mongoose has a Pedro in his possession and is looking to achieve a concentration of a particular alkaloid to at least 1.75% fresh.

edit: Well, looks like I found out the answer to part of my question.

Erowid:
"There is also a legend of a "purple pachanoi" that was reputed to be very powerful. Turning purple is also a symptom of phototoxicity (over-exposure to sun)."
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/c...ency_faq.shtml

Is it really worth the crazy high energy bill of having to use angular lighting with 2 high powered UV lamps on 24/7 to find out for sure (plus I need to buy the lamps)? I know it seems likely that this will work, but a lot of things in my life have seemed likely and turned out to be hogwash. Anyone tried this already? Nada?
Last edited by jimmywimmy on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

theboss

Re: Legendary Purple San Pedro -

Post by theboss » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:01 am

I though backberg was the most common cultivar? Tell me more about this purple pedro... wouldn't have to be grafted to grow? Or is there a small chlorophyll that is enough to let it grow but causes higher alkaloid production based on the stressed cactus=alkaloid rich cactus theory?

Tell me more!

DayLight
Location: wherein once it is seen, twice felt and the third time is the charm. love. serpents. awe and wonder.

Post by DayLight » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:29 pm

:roll:

jimmywimmy

Post by jimmywimmy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:01 pm