Anti Spam Measures

This is the place to discuss the website itself.

Anti Spam Measures

Postby cowfodder » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi everyone! You may have noticed an increase in spam activity lately. Unfortunately, one of the authentication methods we use has been cracked. As a result, I had to increase security on the other anti spam methods in place. As a result, spam posts have gone down, but new users may run into a few small roadblocks. Anyone having issues should email me webmaster@entheogen-network.com and I will look into it. Please, if you see a spam post, use the flag or report features, and the post should be put into the moderation queue for someone to check out. We are also looking into a few new ways to disallow spam bots from registering in the first place.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin
cowfodder
Site Admin

Re: Anti Spam Measures

Postby witchammer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:59 pm

thanx for all your hard work cowfodder
witchammer

Postby cowfodder » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:46 am

And........ viola! Big thanks to unsigned_char72 (seriously, this guy has helped out more than you will ever know.) He's come up with an ingenious little hack that has literally stopped all spam-bot registrations dead. We were getting upwards of 50 spam-bots trying to register on some days recently, and since the fix was implemented the other day we've gotten ZERO. Please continue to report any suspected spam posts, but it looks like the bots are dead in the water, for now.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin
cowfodder
Site Admin

Postby botanicalguides » Tue May 10, 2016 11:55 pm

thank you. i sent you an email i had a question.
botanicalguides

Return to The eNet Website