Letting the site die

This is the place to discuss the website itself.
aqualung42

Re: Letting the site die

Post by aqualung42 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:07 pm

Guys it aint dead yet! Got another year here to go. We can bring this back. This is the most activity i've seen here in months. Keep it up! :-)

MindgardenJr

Post by MindgardenJr » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:19 am

Hey everyone.
Ancient Edot refugee here

On a passing thought, I googled looking for edot and if anything remained, and found this.

I hope things don't die here, and I can have some people to talk to.

When I log into my old profile, Mindgarden, it doesn't let me see anything.

Let me know how I can help keep this place going.

Wash yer damn hands.
( Just in case you don't remember random internet forum member from 10 years ago - I'm a physician )

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:51 am

Hello mind garden! Thats exactly how I find my way here. It ain't dead yet! Glad to see you here. Traffic is up lately. And there are even a few new posts every now and then. Hope to see you around.

Firekeeper

Post by Firekeeper » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Hello: I've been reading through my son's journals recently and found that he'd been very active in the design of this site. Nate's sudden death in 2018 may not be known to you but may explain some of the interruption to the site's development. Let's hope that he's found a ++++. Firekeeper

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:19 pm

very sorry to hear firekeeper. It certainly was not known to me. He did an excellent job here! Sadly I think the decline of this site has more to do with the usual culprits. Massive corporations have carved out huge niches and have strangled little places like this. In the early days of the Internet, first hand experience, places like this were wonderful little communities that supported much of the research in the field, but places like reddit have popped up and consumed and consolidated these communities into one stop shopping experiences like walmart or amazon. This is a vulnerability because they store tremendous amounts of data all accessible with a single subpoena. My hope is someday (soon) people will begin to return.

kill_blind_elite

Post by kill_blind_elite » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:56 pm

Fuck man!!! I just about cried when i thought it was going to get discarded from ypur post. This site meant more to me at one time, when i was tired of all my shitty, cold friends in the city that i used to live in.
Everytime i get on here, hardly any people are writing anymore. I would love if this site was crackin again. I have a million ideas, just that nobody seems that engaged here anymore.

kill_blind_elite

Post by kill_blind_elite » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:06 pm

aqualung42 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:19 pm
very sorry to hear firekeeper. It certainly was not known to me. He did an excellent job here! Sadly I think the decline of this site has more to do with the usual culprits. Massive corporations have carved out huge niches and have strangled little places like this. In the early days of the Internet, first hand experience, places like this were wonderful little communities that supported much of the research in the field, but places like reddit have popped up and consumed and consolidated these communities into one stop shopping experiences like walmart or amazon. This is a vulnerability because they store tremendous amounts of data all accessible with a single subpoena. My hope is someday (soon) people will begin to return.
Not just that @auqalung42
The censoring on the internet, the google and social platform echo-chambers for propaganda, the lack of real news anymore " media or alternative media" or otherwise.... The disconnection in human relation do to the puppet strings, phones, now this "excuse my disbelief ", cough cough, scewed numbered plandemic. It's going to get worse before it gets better and i think the people that are left on this site need to hold space to not only connect with others of like mind, but keep the freedom of plants available. It was people.like us fighting for our piece of mind that kept kratom and other herbs legal so far. With the grubby fingers of corperation monopolies like big pharma and whatnot attacking plants because people want to take those instead of prescribed pharms. The control is bearing weight now. Besides i love you guys.

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:03 am

KBE agreed. I've noticed all your awesome posts as of late. Thanks for the contributions. Guess I'm gonna have to get back at it. My mycology efforts are on hold until my flow hood comes in. I do have my viridis and caapi plants, but they're still small. Maybe i'll post some pics soon. I plan to hold the line here as long as possible. Folks will be back eventually. I plan to be here to welcome them.