Letting the site die

This is the place to discuss the website itself.
cowfodder
Site Admin

Letting the site die

Post by cowfodder » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:07 pm

So, after many years of administering this site, and paying most of the cost out of pocket, I've decided I'm just going to let it die. Most of the new signups are spam, and I haven't seen a new topic or any discussion in over a month. If anyone wants to take things over let me know and I'll just transfer ownership. The hosting bill for the next year is due, and it's $120. The domain is renewed for another 10+ months. It's been a pleasure being with you fine folks going back to the old edot.

-cowfodder
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

aqualung42

Re: Letting the site die

Post by aqualung42 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:12 am

I only just rediscovered where Edot's been hiding :-) if it's a cash issue I'd be glad to help. As for taking ownership, I'm not so great with all the interwebs and tubes and stuff.

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:11 pm

Holy shit dude, thank you! It was partly cash, and partly feeling like nobody was using the site anymore. I may have been a bit down about some other things when I made this post too, so that could have colored how I was feeling. I'm making the payment now, and I'm going to have to rethink how I'm handling the site.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

aqualung42

Post by aqualung42 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:11 pm

no sweat man. this place meant a lot to me way back in the early days. Been retired/burnt out from the entheogen scene for a while but my interest has come back round. Planning on getting my collection started again, and trying my hand at plant tissue culture. would be willing to donate specimens/money too for raffles. Perhaps a patreon to put back into things like give aways for contributions etc. and a little to reward you for your efforts. Profit isn't necessarily an ugly word.

Working on an experiment for selective agar with lions mane. will post a write up here as I go.