Salvia flowers 2014

unsigned_char72

Salvia flowers 2014

Post by unsigned_char72 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:07 am

I'm late this year with the usual thread of Salvia flowers, as they are full developed.

My Salvia plants are all old and in bad shape, a new generation is needed after this flowering phase.

Jupe

Re: Salvia flowers 2014

Post by Jupe » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:16 pm

aha!! Those loook GREAT!!! :D The drought in cali has been killing me worse////// everything is so hurting for water that the salvia stems are like candy to them......Lunas are Ok, and my J strain flowered....but I'm down to just a few specimens....I think the salvinorin A molecule has let go of my brain too!! dont care anymore.....never really figured it out anyway...just a good farmer ya know.....
Its raining again though... maybe thats a hint to start over again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

unsigned_char72

Post by unsigned_char72 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:39 am

Jupe, we are the keepers of this holy plant, just have the strains growing I'm sure her will call again :-) She calls me rarely too, months pass, but for some reason I keep them growing without even harvesting, just for the sake of it, just because I love the plant unconditionally.

And, it's years I don't hear of Lunas or even of your unique Jupiter strain. If you have new pics, they are welcome.

unsigned_char72

Post by unsigned_char72 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:24 am

Closeup of a Salvia Divinorum flower:

Image[/url]

Jupe

Post by Jupe » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:50 am

Just checkin in.....man. time flies......first salvia plant 2003.... then like a zillion plants and flowers, now struggling like everyone I used to help!!!
Salvia is a hard plant to rescue....hates the shitty mineral laden flatland water, the hot dry city...wants to be in the mountains, being free and shit!!! haha...

At least cold weather has given my plants a chance to survive, even cuttings are rooting now...sheesh....45F at night 65F days...I should have just grown in the fridge :mrgreen:

Plants are pretty ratty looking tho, but have some Lunas, J's and Bunnels... scrappy flowers, not even blue...oh well

Only one more month of this dry, and then central cal gets drenched in rain....wash everything away.

Ok guys....have a good one!

Jupe

unsigned_char72

Post by unsigned_char72 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:38 am

Yeah, she's a strange plant. Got mine in 2006, and really don't know how I managed to make it survive, especially in the first months.

Now she's settled, grows on by her own, but suffers a lot from summer to winter climate changes. In summer gets very close to dying but then fresh climate sets in, so she recovers. But when she does she's in a very bad shape and does not put healthy flowers.

BTW, she flowered again this year, I've to post some pics. I will try again to cross breed her with the other salvias I have (Mexicana, Madrensis, Coccinea, ecc..) who knows if we can make a new psychoactive hybrid.