Salvia flowers 2012

unsigned_char72

Salvia flowers 2012

Post by unsigned_char72 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:05 am

It's November again and Swim noticed his Sally plants starting to develop racemes. It's amazing how they are on time every year, last year's thread was opened exactly on Nov 1st.

I'll post some pictures but Swims plants are all in bad shape due to too hot climate. They usually recover, but this year they are in terrible conditions.

Jupe

Re: Salvia flowers 2012

Post by Jupe » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 am

Sorry bout that heat Char!! Mine are messed up too...heat earlier then some critter topped 70% of my plants, a bird I think.....so very few flowers this year....I will post pics of a nice 8 footer I staked up in a seperate area.......but patch in general is looking tired...I may dig it up and start somewhere else......been like 8 years.....jeez man. time flies..

Jupe

Post by Jupe » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:30 pm

pics from this week...37F last night, frost and bits of ice around.... plants and flowers fine......end of the world...no worries... :mrgreen:
I staked up this plant this year, its about 10'(I'm on top of a 5' woodpile)...the rest of branches have migrated sideways, and some have snapped off with the rains.....havnt seen any pollinators......although the hummingbirds are about, its a little cooler down by the creek and they seem to prefer the aloe trees etc which are in the sun.....its 80F or hotter in the still sun, but 50F in the shade.

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 am

Beautiful flowers Jupe. One of my plant which was looking sick has made some flowers. I ask myself if that was not related to his sickness. The flowers were completed, and fine, then died. The plant is still alive, but id not in good shape. Three plants, among 21, died during this winter. I think they lacked the right quantity of light. I did not made new cuticles this year as two dozen of salvia plants (and other plants) is far too much for my apartment.