Pictures of backup plants

unsigned_char72

Pictures of backup plants

Post by unsigned_char72 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:37 am

Here are some of the "backup" plants I keep indoor as a diversification strategy against bad winter weather. They were made with the "soda bottle" method, which is never-failing. I usually keep backup plants from November to April, until I have to put them outdoor because of aphids and other parasites.

One already planted in full ground:

(the blue stuff is slug pellets)

salvialover24

Re: Pictures of backup plants

Post by salvialover24 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:14 am

Nice pics, thanks. SWIM used also "soda bottle" for the cuttings, and it works very well, all cuttings made roots, and SWIM has doubled the number of his salvia plants. That will lead to a fierce competition for light next winter. SWIM succeeded in giving 4 cuttings, but there are so few people interested in salvia around him that his apartment is becoming like a salvia jungle. They never go outdoor, it is not possible here. The only one I put on a balcony has been injured a lot by pigeons, and get back quickly indoor.
Salvia is very generous, in leaves and in cuttings. It is amazing that something so much precious (as salvinorin) can be so easily produced in your home. It adds to the magic!