cutting question

013akilper

cutting question -

Post by 013akilper » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:45 am

hello everyone. im new to the whole cuttings of salvia thing and was hoping i could get an answer to a question i have...i took a cutting of my plant a few weeks ago and stuck it in a cup of water and it has some roots growing now but i think i made the cutting too big because theres a good 4 to 5 inches or so of bare stem. i was wondering if id be able to cut off the extra length and be able to grow it into a new plant even though it would have no leaves on it.

salvialover24

Re: cutting question -

Post by salvialover24 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:56 pm

A stem without a leave? I doubt it. Now Salvia is *very* resilient. You might try, perhaps with some good fertilizer, in a tent. If there is enough chlorophyl in the stem, it is not entirely beyond the imaginable local realities range ... :)
Tell us if you succeed.

One stem of one of SWIM's plant was poor, living for six month with a miserable little leaves, all curled up on herself, and partially black, but in summer, with a good fertilizer, SWIM has to say, the stem recovers health and is full of leaves. But that was a sick stem attached to a moderately healthy plant.