First Grow, First Grow thread

salviasofthead

Re: First Grow, First Grow thread -

Post by salviasofthead » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:34 pm

I've often contemplated time lapse photography of some of my unrelated houseplants. That would be a cool little project.

ssh

ComoSally

Post by ComoSally » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:03 am

kedabra wrote:The edges of those leaves look serrated. It doesn't look like the same strain my friend has. Do you know what strain it is?
My cat says that he was told it was the "Blosser" strain when he purchased the original plant. But to be honest, he wouldn't know the difference between "Blosser" and "Wasson & Hofmann" unless he had both of them side by side with detailed descriptions.

ComoSally

Post by ComoSally » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:13 am

salviasofthead wrote:I've often contemplated time lapse photography of some of my unrelated houseplants. That would be a cool little project.

ssh
My cat says that seems like quite an idea. Maybe when the cat has some extra money he could invest in a wireless webcam to do this with. My cat loves projects and that seems like a good one to occupy some of his time.

Heres one of a two day time lapse (my cat hopes its okay that he post a link, he checked the forum rules and didn't see anything saying not to)

He says he'd like to do something much longer though, at least a month, if not longer.
Last edited by ComoSally on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:39 am

ComoSally wrote:My cat says that he was told it was the "Blosser" strain when he purchased the original plant. But to be honest, he wouldn't know the difference between "Blosser" and "Wasson & Hofmann" unless he had both of them side by side with detailed descriptions.
Seems like my friend's plant was sold to him as a blosser as well. He's been unable to dig up his receipt, and it was a while ago.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

ComoSally

November pt 2 -

Post by ComoSally » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:33 pm

From the Cat's garden.

He apologizes for the quality, all he has is his cell phone to take pictures with.

ComoSally

November pt 3 -

Post by ComoSally » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:02 pm

The cat's main plant

And his one cutting that survived

While taking the pictures the cat noticed that his entire indoor garden seems to have aphids. Any suggestions for a non-toxic and cheap way to rid the cat's garden of these pests?

cr91

Post by cr91 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Castile soap is a good insecticide. It is not absorbed by the plant, but is degraded in nature, meaning SWIY will not ingest soap if accidentally smoked the leafs. Just make sure you rinse the leafs after an hour has passed by since you sprayed the soap water to your sally.

ComoSally

Post by ComoSally » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:45 pm

My cat Apologizes for the long delay, he's been very busy with work and school. He took Sally out today for a good watering and some sun.
He took a quick snapshot and he'll try to get it up later.

ComoSally

March -

Post by ComoSally » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:16 am

It appears as if the option to directly upload an image from a computer to a post has disappeared.

Lets see if this works.http://www.entheogen.com/forum/attac...9&d=1269922485

And just to mention the fact that sally can be grown anywhere(albeit inside when the weather is bad) The white in the upper left and right corners of the picture are the remaining drifts of the 5 feet of snow the cat got a month or so ago.
Attachments
att4079-downsized_0329001336.jpg
att4079-downsized_0329001336.jpg (74.81 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Last edited by ComoSally on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added text

ComoSally

May 2009 and a harvest -

Post by ComoSally » Sun May 09, 2010 8:46 pm

A picture before the cat harvested. His main plant is in the foreground and a few of his experimental cuttings are in back.

Just to note, the tall plant in the top left is the same plant as the 2nd image in "November pt 3" post.

And his harvest. Weight is about 6oz wet.

Last edited by ComoSally on Sun May 09, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed photo embed