Relationship between pupping and rooting out cuttings

Maslow

Re: Relationship between pupping and rooting out cuttings -

Post by Maslow » Sun May 09, 2010 11:58 am

Success!!!

I put the stump in the dark for a week...came back and uncovered it and it has a pup!

Yes Frank...I think too much...Yes I did intervene...and yes...now it is pupping...and I feel like I have gained some knowledge.

Life is good.

Peace

Frank Blank

Post by Frank Blank » Sun May 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Wow, Amazing plant!
Wunjo

+x+
Frank
PS, Just had some Bridgsii in the low light, a cutting, waiting for the cut to callous and the thing turned completely blue!
Last edited by Frank Blank on Wed May 12, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joecurious

Post by joecurious » Mon May 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Davidartist1234 wrote:Frank, the top of your specimen clearly looks stressed and sickly (Almost looks like frost damage). As Pandora suggested. Hense re-enforcing what I've always said. The base pupping appears to be the plant compensating for such stressors.
I've experienced something similar. I moved to a higher altitude and wanted to see how my plants would fare over the winter and who would survive in the new environment so I didn't cover any of them. Many cacti tips suffered frost damage, some mild, some extreme, some were just stressed but the tip continued to grow. In all cases, it caused them to pup like crazy both near the top and the base. I didn't set out to harm the plants, but I wanted to see who would survive to have an idea for the long term. The end result is definitely cool looking though. I'll post some pics soon.

Frank Blank

Post by Frank Blank » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 am

Once again I've had incredible success in a straightup mulch planting media. Repotting slow growing specimens resulted in not only growth but multiple pupping beyond belief. Pics soon to come.

mutant

Post by mutant » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:35 pm

instead of trying to get your tricho to pup more

just get a more puppy clone

some kk339 are masters of pupping.

or chop it up a lot :P

BAPins is interesting, but I think it must somewhat stress the plant too much. Haven't used it yet.