Google is becoming a wireless carrier

Systemized knowledge and its applications.

Google is becoming a wireless carrier

Postby JasonHerbalExt » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:56 pm

For years, Google has been assembling just about all the pieces it needs to become a mobile provider.
The search giant already makes the most-used mobile software on the planet, it designs and sells phones online, and it has become an Internet service provider with its Google Fiber initiative. It even has its own VoIP phone service called Google Voice, which allows people to get a Google phone number and call people through Gmail or Hangouts over Wi-Fi.
The missing link has been the cell towers needed to build out a nationwide network.
Rather than spending the tens of billions of dollars it would cost to create a wireless network, Google reportedly will carry its service over Sprint (S) and T-Mobile's (TMUS) networks. Google declined to comment.
Google is expected to pay those carriers just $2 per gigabyte, according to Macquarie Securities analyst Kevin Smithen. That means Google could choose to provide super-cheap service that gives Verizon (VZ, Tech30) and AT&T (T, Tech30) something to worry about.
Hi, I am fond of doing researches on *link removed pending review* and related drugs. I am happy to discuss with you from scientific groups and would like to share my topics and views on medical herbs.
JasonHerbalExt

Return to Science and Technology