E-Cigarettes

Systemized knowledge and its applications.

Re: E-Cigarettes

Postby DrIraZ_Jr » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Electronic Cigarettes are found to contain an anti-freeze component known as Diethylene Glycol. It is toxic to humans and can cause health worries on inhalation. This is one of the major Electronic Cigarette side effects.

Other than Diethylene Glycol, e-cigarettes also contain cancer-causing compounds like nitrosamines. If the cigarette accidentally breaks, humans may be exposed to such harmful components.

Health experts argue that electronic cigarettes contain nicotine, the basic element found in cigarettes. In an electronic cigarette liquid nicotine is used. Nicotine is an alkaloid medicine that is harmful for humans. A long drag on the cigarette can make you actually suck some of the liquid nicotine into your mouth. This can be very damaging for health. You have to drag the cigarette slowly for 3-5 seconds, which is not always possible to be careful about.

People often worry whether Electronic Cigarettes give rise to cancer. In electronic cigarette nicotine, flavourings and many other harmful chemicals are used that may have cancerous effects on the body. However, carcinogenic electronic cigarette health risks have not been proved by any study.
http://www.primehealthchannel.com/elect ... fects.html
DrIraZ_Jr

Postby Kimura » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:46 pm

I smoked regular cigarettes for 22 years(about a pack and a half a day)and I made the switch about 4 months ago to HD smoke e-cigs.I am happy with my results so far.I smoke far less than ever and they are much cheaper than tobacco.

I feel much better since quitting tobacco and hope to make the move to quit these as well soon.
Kimura

Postby skunkjar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:44 pm

DrIraZ_Jr wrote:Electronic Cigarettes are found to contain an anti-freeze component known as Diethylene Glycol. It is toxic to humans and can cause health worries on inhalation. This is one of the major Electronic Cigarette side effects.

Other than Diethylene Glycol, e-cigarettes also contain cancer-causing compounds like nitrosamines. If the cigarette accidentally breaks, humans may be exposed to such harmful components.

Health experts argue that electronic cigarettes contain nicotine, the basic element found in cigarettes. In an electronic cigarette liquid nicotine is used. Nicotine is an alkaloid medicine that is harmful for humans. A long drag on the cigarette can make you actually suck some of the liquid nicotine into your mouth. This can be very damaging for health. You have to drag the cigarette slowly for 3-5 seconds, which is not always possible to be careful about.

People often worry whether Electronic Cigarettes give rise to cancer. In electronic cigarette nicotine, flavourings and many other harmful chemicals are used that may have cancerous effects on the body. However, carcinogenic electronic cigarette health risks have not been proved by any study.

Like anything else in life you get out what you put in to it. If you buy some crap Chinese juice you will get crap. If you order some food grade veg glycerine, PROPYLENE glycol, flavor and USP Nicotine solution to make your own juice, you get the goods. There are even full spectrum tobacco extract/juices available.

Just parroting something you heard on cnn isn't going to sway me from believing they are much healthier than smoking tobacco. That said, I would quit these as quickly as possible too because not smoking or vaping anything is the healthiest option by far.
skunkjar

Postby cowfodder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:27 am

DrIraZ_Jr wrote:Electronic Cigarettes are found to contain an anti-freeze component known as Diethylene Glycol. It is toxic to humans and can cause health worries on inhalation. This is one of the major Electronic Cigarette side effects.

1 study found traces of diethylene glycol in 1 juice sample. Subsequent tests on the same brand of juice failed to find any traces of contamination.

Nicotine on its own has been found to be less addictive than caffeine, and may actually help prevent the onset of Alzheimer's. Recent Johns Hopkins studies also show that it helps with mental acuity and focus.

The so called "harmful flavorings" used in most e-liquids are food flavorings. True that they haven't really been tested when inhaled, but I'd rather take my chances with them than with the literally hundreds of toxic additives in regular cigarettes.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin
cowfodder
Site Admin

Postby skunkjar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Hahaha. Where is the thumbs up button there cf?
skunkjar

Postby minderbinder » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:17 pm

can someone recommend a model with constant good/strong steam development?
meanwhile i own a ego-T which is absolutely sufficient, but only for the first 1-2 puffs, afterwards the steam development rapidly decreases and gets insatisfactory. elsway i could have long kicked tobacco since my lungs don't feel good anymore with smoking.

any hints?
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.
minderbinder

Postby cowfodder » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:11 am

Higher voltage is what finally did it for me. 5-6v seems to be the sweet spot. With the Ego-T everything just seemed to be too cool. I now use the siam cube with a dual-coil carto tank. Works great for me, but it's an expensive setup. You might look into some of the 5V or variable voltage ego batteries to start with. Something like the Ego-C twist or the Ego Spinner.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin
cowfodder
Site Admin

Postby minderbinder » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:22 am

hi cowfodder, great! Thanks! Will report sometime, meanwhile first i have to look how my finances "correspond" with buying a new one, but i hope i can soon
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.
minderbinder

Postby (1.1.2.3.5...)^inf » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Ecigs are fast changing tek. Even a year on most of the questions in this discussion are answered on ecig forums or have been resolved by new technology and research.

My current kit is an MVP 2 variable wattage battery and I think the late-2013 'glassomizers' are my favourite atomizer. I also like the very small and discrete "microstick" battery made by 'Chel'.

Some salty extracts dissolve very well in warm polar propylene glycol and vaporise nicely too. Someone finds better absorption than smoking so it wastes less magic. Also spicy PG seems less irritating to the lungs than normal ecig juice.
(1.1.2.3.5...)^inf

Postby Flapjack » Sat May 03, 2014 10:21 pm

I think they look lame when I see people smoking them. Just get a real cigarette and the real cancer.
Flapjack

PreviousNext

Return to Science and Technology