E-Cigarettes

Systemized knowledge and its applications.

E-Cigarettes -

Postby skunkjar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:04 pm

So I have been thinking about this since I heard of them. I think I'll be buying "blu" E-cigarette starter kit this week. If anyone has any suggestions, I am certainly open!
skunkjar

Re: E-Cigarettes -

Postby minderbinder » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:32 am

would be interesting to hear from your experiences when you tested it!

what i'd like to have would be a device to vaporise tobacco instead of expensive cartridges. There are one or two like that, but i'd say i'd be busted when using it on the street because everybody would thing it's a strange bong or crack pipe
Bhagwan told me not to worry. If i do it'll make me sorry. Alright.
minderbinder

Postby DayLight » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:55 am

they are kind of fun. i havent used one enough to see how strong they are, just a few tastes from a kid at work who got one...i love being able to drag it and blow big fat clouds of "smoke" on the sales floor in front of all the customers. or in other indoor public places, its a kick, even when no one is looking you feel naughty. its fun

it tastes like shit though...at first i thought i tasted something a little tiny bit like tobacco but all hits after that just taste like a light version of meth...eeewwww thats enough to keep me away, i dont care much for the taste of freebase plastic.
DayLight

Location: wherein once it is seen, twice felt and the third time is the charm. love. serpents. awe and wonder.

Postby Solomon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:01 am

I should be getting one today,i have heard it takes a while to be able to smoke it properly as you can only draw for 3 seconds or something.Lots of people have also noticed they dont smoke as much or stop altogether after a month or so.Im guessing thats because it doesn't have all the shit tobacco companies put in cigarettes to make the nicotine more bioavailable.
Solomon

Postby skunkjar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:05 pm

I just can't wait to dump this financial burden... I don't smoke as many cigarettes as most people who smoke (around 1/2 pack per day) so I have high hopes for this to help me. Also, the refills are only $25 for 350 "smokes" which would be considerably cheaper than even rolling tobacco.
skunkjar

Postby glen » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:24 am

i had nicotine inhalors my friend got them free. the taste isnt plastic its the nicotine it just tastes/smell like chemicals. same reason people that chew nicotine gum still smell like an ashtray. It gave the nicotine but personally i found my craving was actually more for the smoke then the nicotine. i could huff the inhalers till i wore them out still didnt make me happy. but if u threw some smoke my way i was set
Alot of addiction is psychological. especially im my case i go days w/o cigaretttes but when i want them i want the smoke not the nic
glen

Postby minderbinder » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:40 pm

ah, me too - it's that hit on the lungs when inhaling the smoke that i'm missing with any other application of tobacco
minderbinder

Postby Solomon » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:05 pm

If you check out e-cig forums some say you achieve that *hit* on the lungs with time...i didn't get mine though and its saturday now,so probably monday.I think the hardest part is the whole hand to mouth movement.
Solomon

Postby skunkjar » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:44 pm

These blu brand ones show people exhaling big clouds of vapor, so I'm hoping that helps with the psychological side of the coin. I know I didn't like other herb vaporizers I tried because I wanted that tasty smoke. But I am using this as a means of quitting. I think I can have the willpower to do it with some nicotine to help. Last time I quit was all willpower so I know I can do it. I started again after over a year so I could have cigarette breaks at work, how stupid was that? I made a very weak nicotine nasal solution out of N. rustica that I played with for a couple weeks, but it made me nervous...
http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showt...nicotine+nasal
skunkjar

Postby minderbinder » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:11 am

i'd be just happy to have a way of "satisfactory" inhaling nicotine to spare my lungs frpm tar and other crap - quitting is another thing, but maybe ...
minderbinder

Next

Return to Science and Technology