Breaking Bad

Share your photographs and visionary art here.
Metanoian

Breaking Bad -

Post by Metanoian » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am

It's a television show, and it doesn't have anything to do with entheogens. But I felt the need to share how much I love this show. I don't watch much scripted television to be honest, but this show has me watching every Sunday. I tell people about it and how I think it's the best show on television right now. That if they've ever been involved with drugs in general to give it a watch. It's already into the second season.

It's about a chemistry teacher, played by Bryan Cranston, who finds out he has cancer and comes up with the idea that he should cook methamphetamine to make some money for his family before dying. His wife is also pregnant with their second child, his first child is a teenage boy who has cerebral palsy.

If you haven't already seen this show, watch it. If you have, tell me how much you love it, please :) It is one of, if not the most, interesting shows I've ever watched on television. It definitely does not glorify drug use at all, quite the opposite, and it has a very 'real' quality about it. The writing, directing, acting, everything is just spectacular. It's on AMC Sunday nights.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/
Pulled and kneaded like salt water taffy.

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.

merlin 21
Location: California and up in my head, not necessarily in that order

Re: Breaking Bad -

Post by merlin 21 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 am

I watched the last 20 minutes of an episode once and thought it did have that "real" quality you mention. I can't seem to watch "scripted TV" at all. That's certainly a novel plot line though. Maybe I'll check it out. Probably on DVD in 5 years.

It's been a very long time ago but I used to buy speed from these bikers...I mean I'd usually meet these guys at a bar so they wouldn't know where I live. I didn't even use my real name! I went to their house once to score and as I came down the driveway (the house was way back off the road, of course) there's this guy very casually sitting up on the flat roof in a rocking chair with a shotgun AND a holstered revolver on his lap . At 3 in the morning. Seems there was some dispute with a rival bunch and there had been some unpleasantness involving firebombings etc. so they were having a "war."

I don't know...there's just something about crank that brings out the crazy in folks. I can see how it would make great TV!:lol:

catfish

Post by catfish » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:29 pm

i watch it every sunday and dvr it when im not home
;)
trade for what you want at the Botanical Swap Project: http://forums.botanicalswap.org/
and build your tradelist at our estore: http://shop.botanicalswap.org
specializing in high quality and low prices!

Metanoian

Post by Metanoian » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:56 pm

I knew I wasn't alone. merlin, that's an insane story. You would definitely enjoy the show ;)
The first season is already on DVD. It's hugely popular. There was a space of several months between season 1 and 2 and people were clamoring for it's return.
http://shop.amctv.com/product/show/48251

Interconnecting peoploids, like tinker toy ferris wheels, rotating counterclockwise for eternity.

Lucid

Post by Lucid » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:25 pm

I love this show. Saw the first season here on television, but i'm watching the second one online because they don't air it here.

Cranston is such a great actor in this show.

Any of you know if there will be a tirth season?

jamhes123

Post by jamhes123 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:53 am

time to make a visit to hulu

Metanoian

Post by Metanoian » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:54 am

Lucid wrote: Any of you know if there will be a tirth season?
I'm betting on it. It would be a crime against humanity if they ended it after only two seasons :D

Metanoian

Post by Metanoian » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:04 am

crazydewman wrote:well when's walt gunna end?
its been gettin pretty messed up lately (good, great even, but still fucked up)
but i still manage to make it home every sunday night to catch it

and cranston is awesome
hes good at being crazy....
Before last Sunday I was thinking maybe his cancer treatment would work, and he would live. Not so sure now, not about the treatment, but the cartel. Hope I'm not spoiling it for anyone that hasn't seen it ;)
And yeah, he's great at being crazy. He's just great, period. :D

Lucid

Post by Lucid » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:28 am

He really is good at being crazy. Like in 'malcom in the middle', he can go crazy there sometimes too.(Not a great show as breaking bad ofcourse:p)

merlin 21
Location: California and up in my head, not necessarily in that order

Post by merlin 21 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 am

Lucid wrote:He really is good at being crazy. Like in 'malcom in the middle', he can go crazy there sometimes too.(Not a great show as breaking bad ofcourse:p)
Which is very real. Cancer brings out "crazy" about as much as speed. My guess is whoever conceived the show probably has some experience with both. I'll get the first season DVD's; You guys have intrigued me with all this.