If someone came up to you and said...

Here is the place to discuss philosophy, religion, and spirituality.
Flapjack

Re: If someone came up to you and said...

Post by Flapjack » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:09 am

The first quote is from Bhagavad Gita, the second is from the Bible. I'm not necessarily saying God said what I quoted, but they are good quotes and a lot of people believe that is God's word and it is better than any of the crap I've read here so far which I can go fetch from any "2012 Awakening" search on google.

Hinduist have a similar belief that the Earth is a prison of cyclic existences inwhich the ultimate goal is to escape from and stop dieing and thus live forever and ever. Biblically, it's actually somewhat similar. We must dissociate from most bodily pleasures such as sex, excessive meat eating, drinking and drugs inorder to serve God instead of our bodies or senses. Carnal desire leads to death. So inorder to trascend our animal bodies and instincts, we must strictly adhere to our intelligence, our neo cortex or whatever; the thing that animals do not have. A pig can experience all the wonderful sensations of the body, smelling, eating, fucking, licking and playing in the mud, but a pig can not inquire as a human can and become wise. This obviously should be the main focus of human life: intelligence. Every religion will in a primitive manner of speaking tell you just that, but science and mathmatics as we know it today did not exist then.

Through intelligence and inquisition we can trascend our animal bodies.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:30 am

You people are dogs and sheep as it stands. What afflicts a monkey, afflicts a man. As an animal dies, so does a man. We all eat the same food, and we all breathe the same air. You are not even above a mere rat, and you think you are God? You do not know what God is.

O wait, you are God. You know what God is. You know everything about him don't you? Tell me what God is. Surely you are all knowing.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Fuck you flapjack. Why don't you quote the passage that says throwing babies against rocks is a righteous activity (Psalm 137:9) or in Bhagavad Gita where it says it's okay to murder your friends and loved ones? You say it's taken out of context, but everything you quote is also taken out of context so how is that fair? You're an idiot for posting religious doctrines on an entheogen site. We're attracted to entheogens because we want to get away from all that bullshit. Everyone's an idiot here for not banning you because all you post is garbage. If these people want to believe there's a magical God and that they are a part of some magical fanstasy world then let them be stupid; and if you want to convert to Christianity or whatever the hell it is you're into then go do that and leave us alone!

witchammer

Post by witchammer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:42 pm

my precious