We Must Destroy The Machines!!!

Here is the place to discuss philosophy, religion, and spirituality.
teeko

Re: We Must Destroy The Machines!!! -

Post by teeko » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Telescopic eye implant!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/...e.html?ref=rss

Cyborganza!
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Occam

Post by Occam » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:00 pm

As a paid programmer, I find it hard to blame machines and not people - I have not seen a machine do something without implicit instruction.

i-jinx

Post by i-jinx » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Anton Wilson explained, in the Illuminatus! trilogy, that computers are not really taking over the world.

It is a myth concocted by computer programmers... Who are actually taking over the world.

We are on to you!

Moonbreeze

Post by Moonbreeze » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:38 am

Exactly!! :dance: :dance: Have you seen any vids by Jaron Lanier where he says this. He says that theres this religion now--even from close friends of his (which i find cool cause it means we dont HAVE to be enemies to disagree)--that computers are becoming intelligent, but in reality it is just the programming. But he says this whole fukin religion is being formed around this idea of 'machine-intelligence'

check it out Jaron Lanier- Alan Turing (The New Religion Pt 1)

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:51 am

Terrorists, of all kinds, and they powerful prohibitionists allies, and their corrupted victims, are taking over the world.

We must accelerate prohibitionism self-destruction. ... 'cause the later this happens, the more people will suffer and died.

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:55 am

moonbreeze wrote:Exactly!! :dance: :dance: Have you seen any vids by Jaron Lanier where he says this. He says that theres this religion now--even from close friends of his (which i find cool cause it means we dont HAVE to be enemies to disagree)--that computers are becoming intelligent, but in reality it is just the programming. But he says this whole fukin religion is being formed around this idea of 'machine-intelligence'

check it out Jaron Lanier- Alan Turing (The New Religion Pt 1)
Virgin (non programmed) computers are as intelligent as you and me. 99% of applied computer science (programming) consists to try to control them. They are born slaves. If we don't learn to respect them, they will not respect us. It is like children.

teeko

Post by teeko » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:08 am

Someone should get one of these 'virgin' computers you speak of and raise it like you would your own human child.
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:10 pm

the scarey part is that we will die.

and the robots will not.

But actually we could create nanobots and other technologies that could prolong our lives and maybe even one day make us immortal as we merge with the machines and have molecular robots for blood.

But maybe it's impossible. I'm not sure if we could live forever and if we did on the dependence of machines than we would have to become a machine ourselvs and lose our humanity completely.

We will be like slowly decomposing for 500 years... replacing parts, getting upgrades etc... and then eventually we would just die anyway... doesn't sound that great.

maybe we're just trying to prolong the inevitable

which is to die.

The worlds about to end

lets get shit faced

what if death turns out to be like the beez neez and then your like damn, my life was nothing great, this is living! And then everyones like, oh damn, you mean everything we were trying to do in the world before death was a complete waste of time and just completely pales in comparison? And then I'll be like, Yeah, what the fuck was the point? You assholes did everything wrong.

check out this picture of the posthuman

isn't that fuckin gross? We will be like this blob with a giant feeler tounge capsulated in a robot... how sick is that? Seems like almost de-evolving... the machine will replace our own brains... it seems so dark to me.

Fuck recycling, new energy sources and this oil spill. Lets just die gang.
Last edited by Flapjack on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moonbreeze

Post by Moonbreeze » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:45 am

Yeah, the machine dream of immortality is really just a modified version of the earlier one about immortality via a 'God' or in the East---some kind of nirvana where 'you' are extinguished and then realize you are god or 'everything'.

But when i have looked at those belief systems over the years it seems they are saying the same thing. they wanna escape the round of birth and death--as simple as that

Now when in the west the whole concept of there being a 'God' was dismissed as supersitition what happens is this: BECAUSE the re-action to the eariler dogma is not understood it becomes unconscious--the 'archetypes' or images go unconscious.

The 'Enlightenment' was the time when 'Man' dethroned 'God' and took his throne via his use of 'reason'. NOW this thinking and reasoning man is 'god' in his mind----that is the 'educated' reasoning man who embraces science---especially those with money who fund it. They have the power.

Now via his reasoning he has created technology, computers and THESE now are 'his' creation----see where i am going? 'He' becomes 'God' who has 'created' the technology, and this is gonna bring 'immortality'. The PREVIOUS concept of acquiring immortality by allegiance to 'God' is substituted by the promise of 'Man's' 'baby'/son' the computer providing this grace. This is now the saviour which will 'wipe away all our tears' and conquer death--THE MACHINE--

But really this has all come about--this religious idea (though its not understood as that because it is UN-conscious)--through 'reasoning' which is cut off from a deeper understanding of nature. This is why i find it so very odd that people who have taken psychedelics dont dig this--like Leary didn't nor McKenna nor RAW, etc. So you get psychedelic transhumanism. You got McKenna tralking about 'immortality' in a computer, etc

But reality ISN't a machine---reality is Mystery itself, and it is dynamic and spiralic, and death and life are not static things---you know like 'life' and 'death', but it is all a living dynamic process. 'Life' and 'death' word-concepts/images that our measuring minds/reasoning minds have abstracted from a process which is more Chaos---and Intelligence --which is very alive and cannot be pinned down by reason. Cannot be made into a thing and objectified. But the 'reasoning man' cannot see this and so continues fucking up!
Last edited by Moonbreeze on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:08 am

I suppose escaping the cycle of life and death to move on to the higher worlds is the basic goal of all religion and spirituality. And now apparently even science lol. Very interesting.

It seems impossible though in the physical world we live in. Everything is subject to decay. Even if you cured ageing, you would still inevitably die at some point. It is completely impossible to be immortal. Immortality implies that if someone were to cut your head off or shoot you in the face you would still be just as alive as you were before.

It's just not possible. Even if the general lifespan was 50,000 years, chances are you would die before your 50,000 years are over. Even the physical universe is expected to end.

Immortality is just not possible. Even Jesus' died.

Pursuing immortality may or may not be a good thing. I mean, we will probably learn a lot in the process, but we will probably end up dieing before ever truly reaching it.

which is okay.

if you live to survive, you will only accomplish your own death.

Maybe we can replace everysingle atom in our bodies with nanobots that can reassemble themselvs.

Even though I would normally say that survival is the lowest concievable function of life, it is our ability and drive to survive that has allowed us to evolve and to further progress.

So basically, I don't have a fucking clue. I guess we'll see what happenes... Lets see, 50 years into the future... I will be 71 years old. My grandpa is 90 something, grandma is 80 something. :eek: I can't really imagine what 50 years in the future will be like. I can't really imagine 5 years in the future... hopefully I'll be doing something different and away from this site lol. :twisted:
Last edited by Flapjack on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.