We Must Destroy The Machines!!!

Here is the place to discuss philosophy, religion, and spirituality.
salvialover24

Re: We Must Destroy The Machines!!! -

Post by salvialover24 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Yeah. Do you realize that Kedabra, who is open to consciousness for computer, was about to smash his computer!

You come from far. To be capable of admitting being brainwashed is remarkable.

Humans, but also animals, or any category of entities can in period of crisis believe in easy solutions. It take often the shape of asserting 'it is the fault to <the local new unknown entity, or the same as usual>.

(Human) Technology is a drug. It can be an entheogen, and its abuse can lead to overdose. Make it illegal: it will explode in the undergrounds. Can we control it? Partially only.

Take a look at the first rather sophisticated machinery on this planet :):

DNA replication

A little molecule told me "- those macromolecules! See what they do, they ruin the panorama. You will see, they will eventually change the climate!"

;)

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Yes, my transfermation into a Na'vi with the help of Eywa has had a profound effect on me.
Yeah. Do you realize that Kedabra, who is open to consciousness for computer, was about to smash his computer!
To destroy the machines?
Last edited by Flapjack on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:36 pm

Flapjack wrote:
Technology has soul because it is created through our glory.
Our glory? Or Eywa's glory?
Flapjack wrote: To destroy the machines?
I dunno. Give me time to find the Kedabra quote (your thread is long). I think he just said that by delirious contagion due to the brainwashing of the brainwashed. Probably, also, on some second degree with the intent to make us smile :)

It is another technological problem we have with the technological net. Rumors, lies and other somber ideas can propagate more quickly.

And, again, this is not a reason to destroy the net.

All in all, that would be the same error than the "reason" to vilify cannabis and salvia, or even money. Some take time to learn those things and they make mistakes, but then other fear and overgeneralize and find easily they pet symbolical enemy. They need an enemy.

Human lacks predators. He has the dirty role to be its own. But the manners can change, with some chance.

teeko

Post by teeko » Tue May 25, 2010 5:43 pm

Our glory? Or Eywa's glory?

Everyone and every-things glory! Believe in magick! The Aether! God! Have Faith! And then it happened...a EUREKA moment. Please shout it from the mountaintops if you feel it is the right thing to do! Dont be afraid! :D
I think he just said that by delirious contagion due to the brainwashing of the brainwashed. Probably, also, on some second degree with the intent to make us smile :)

Wow. Awesome connection! Stay positive and smile!

Good connection guys! Stay positive! Its all connected!
It is another technological problem we have with the technological net. Rumors, lies and other somber ideas can propagate more quickly.

And, again, this is not a reason to destroy the net.

Exactly! Thank You!
All in all, that would be the same error than the "reason" to vilify cannabis and salvia, or even money. Some take time to learn those things and they make mistakes, but then other fear and overgeneralize and find easily they pet symbolical enemy. They need an enemy.

Human lacks predators. He has the dirty role to be its own. But the manners can change, with some chance.

Wow again! GREAT CONNECTIONS! We have to stay positive, not get redundant, dont get ahead of ourselves! Relax and THINK! Have faith in mankind! In the Aether! In God and Man! Love everyone! Eureka!

Thank You everyone and everything! Hallelujah! We are on the right path!

Please, keep an open mind and check this link about magnets out. They are MAGIC! They help us keep things connected, please share this with anyone that may gain from it! =D

hXXp://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/fields
Last edited by teeko on Tue May 25, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Magic is REAL! What a long strange trip this has been! =D
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

All truths are circumstantial.

teeko

Post by teeko » Wed May 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Check this out!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/26/5...iscs-mighty-f/

And this!

hXXp://www.engadget.com/2010/05/25/sony-handyc ... self-rent/

More signs of machine sentience? Keep an open Mind! Stay positive!
Last edited by teeko on Wed May 26, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Higher and Higher! =D
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

i-jinx

Post by i-jinx » Wed May 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Pro tip for working with iron filings: do not let the filings touch the magnet directly. You'll never get them off.
Pro tip for naughty schoolboys: Generously coat a bar magnet in iron filings and you have yourself a cool "hairy beastie" for scaring the girls with!

teeko

Post by teeko » Wed May 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Lol nice signature i-jinx, I finally grasp it a bit better. hahahah =D Thank you

hXXp://www.dudecraft.com/2010/05/machine.html
Last edited by teeko on Wed May 26, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Check out the link! =D
thisisnotanimage

All lies contain truth.

i-jinx

Post by i-jinx » Wed May 26, 2010 5:14 pm

It comes from a genuine letter written to Bertrand Russell, by a man who apparently had no concept of "irony".

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:54 am

Destroy The Machines!!!!!!!!!

Machine so dumb it can't even FEEL!!

... right?

Maybe I'm being prejudice :?
Last edited by Flapjack on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

salvialover24

Post by salvialover24 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:47 am

Flapjack wrote:Destroy The Machines!!!!!!!!!

Machine so dumb it can't even FEEL!!

... right?

Maybe I'm being prejudice :?
... or provocative ???

Anyway, it is always a bit dangerous to say that some category of beings don't feel. If they don't feel it is OK, but if they feel, your 'prejudice' can be a source of suffering. For example, until recently, in some country, it was believed by physicians that babies don't feel, and so they did not use anesthetic drugs for the baby operation. The baby's cries were interpreted as automated reflexes. They changed their mind since, though.

Now, could machines think and feel?

I don't know, but my working hypothesis is that *we* are machine---in the sense that we can survive in principle with some artificial body. So if you and me can feel, then it means that *some* machine can feel.

But the consequences of that hypothesis are quite counterintuitive, and not yet very well known. It makes the observable universe disappear as a primary or fundamental entity. It makes the physical universe emerging from the dreams of universal numbers, and it place theology back as the fundamental science, from which all the other sciences (observable, belief and knowledge) emerge. Roughly speaking it leads to a sort of neo-neo-platonism. It is quite the opposite of the modern aristotelian materialism.

Note that saying 'we are machine' is NOT a reductionism, because today we know (well, some theoreticians know) that we have no idea what universal machine/number are capable of. We have to abandon the reductionist view we may have had on the machines themselves.