Jesus

Here is the place to discuss philosophy, religion, and spirituality.

Re: Jesus -

Postby Flapjack » Tue May 24, 2011 12:36 am

lol, Wayne makes all this shit up on the spot though

http://youtu.be/c7tOAGY59uQ
Last edited by Flapjack on Tue May 24, 2011 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flapjack

Re: Jesus

Postby Flapjack » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:18 am

I think I figured it out, man.
Flapjack

Postby god_is_good » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Don't worry, you're not stealing it! The copyright is long expired. Also, I highly recommend a more modern translation, like the NRSV (NSRV? I always get them confused). The KJV is written in Elizabethan English, but there's no reason to consider it a more authoritative translation. A lot of American and English Protestants decided on it as the definitive version to avoid conflicts. But the Bible is a collection of books written originally in Greek and Hebrew.

Personally, I think that people who have religious experiences are likely to interpret them first through the cultural lenses that are available to them. I kind of agree with the Jewish/Islamic view of God as indivisible and not personified in Jesus Christ, but I understand the core message of Christianity as being an existential one: "Escape the world of Sin and Death through radical love of the other." So, although I am not a believing-saved-in-the-blood Christian, some of it's doctrines, like the Cross, original sin, agape (radical love of the other) and kenosis (self emptying) make sense to me. But I have never been baptized and never taken to communion, and haven't attended a church service since I was a very young child.
god_is_good

Postby Flapjack » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:17 pm

I've gone to church again out of curiosity, but I didn't find what I was looking for, which was God.
Flapjack

Re: Jesus -

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Flapjack wrote:Would Jesus be similar to a higher self? And that's why I need him to get into heaven? I'm trying to believe in Jesus, but I'm not sure how. I've always just gone straight to God and never really understood how Jesus fit into the picture.

Are there any Christains out there that can explain this to me? I'm honestly interested. Maybe I need to read the bible.

Hell no. The bible will just screw you up.

I am a Gnostic Christian and yes, Jesus is you, if you choose to follow that path to the real and only God you will ever know. Yourself.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define God as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts.

I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Postby Flapjack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Reading the Bible was pretty beneficial, actually. I'm not sure if you will truly find God, but there's something in there.
Flapjack

Postby Flapjack » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:20 am

If you read the Bible, your life will change in some way. If anything, you will gain insight into the culture.

I think everyone should read it.
Flapjack

Postby Flapjack » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:51 am

Reading the Bible sucks because you just forget it after awhile like everything else
Flapjack

Previous

Return to Philosophy and Spirituality