Nick and tim

Here is the place to discuss philosophy, religion, and spirituality.

Nick and tim

Postby sage-borodin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 am

In the film "the substance: Albert Hofmann' s LSD" Nick sand admits to having no formal chemical training or education, he says his father worked in chemistry, and that he was familiar with the lab, but that his major in college, and his degree was in anthropology or sociology.

Nick admits that his first reactions were carried out in his mom's attic, before moving to his mom's basement, working with tryptamine or phenethylamine compounds, and educating himself along the way.

( Though scully likely taught Tim a good deal regarding LSD synthesis )

Tim scully seemed more technically oriented in the process, and displayed clear in depth knowledge regarding chemistry and LSD synthesis. Scully also admits ( in "the sunshine makers" ) that had it not been for the guidance of owsley Stanley, that he would have had to "figure out a lot of things the hard way", though aside from the guidance of owsley, it was their pure intelligence, education, ambition, and drive that made their goals achievable.

I also read voluminously and omnivorously in science and history, which not only made subsequent classwork easier but also early developed in me the habit of self-education. And self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is. The only function of a school is to make self-education easier; failing that, it does nothing.
-Isaac Asimov
sage-borodin

Re: Nick and tim

Postby sage-borodin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:49 am

It was supposed to say "though scully likely taught Nick a good deal regarding LSD synthesis" I apologize for the typo
sage-borodin

Return to Philosophy and Spirituality