Dreams

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.
Flapjack

Dreams

Post by Flapjack » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:45 am

My dreams have been so vivid and beautiful lately. I can actually sit and see closed eye hallucinations just before falling asleep, and they are full of color and bright lights. Like, I am sitting in the dark, but when I close my eyes, I see a huge bright light. It's totally amazing. And when I actually fall asleep, I have these crazy dreams. Dreams of stuff that is so beautiful it's really hard to describe. For example, last night, I was in some kind of futuristic building, with like a beach on one of its balconies, which was thousands of feet in the sky, and looking over the balcony, I could see thousands of other futuristic buildings. I was looking out at this fantastic city. It was in broad daylight, and the sun was glistening off of everything. The city was a collection of cities, each on a tiny island. It was so immense and breathe taking that I was actually scared while looking at it.

It was totally fucking crazy. Am I losing my shit? There was so much to look at, and I forgot a lot of it, but it was full of people and these amazing places. It was a city, but like nothing that exists today. Even Las Vegas would be super boring compared to this place. I've been having other dreams that are really vivid but I can't remember them. This dream that I am explaining was particularly vivid. It was such a large and crazy place that it was actually scary in a way. I couldn't look over this gigantic balcony for too long, because it was overwhelming to see such a gigantic view. It was a similar feeling one might get if they are afraid of heights. It was like I was experiencing megalophobia. I think megalophobia is something most people experience at least at some point in life. I used to get it when I was a kid. I remember looking at a mountain and feeling like I was going to fall off the earth, or something totally ridiculous. It was overall a beautiful dream, though.

Flapjack

Re: Dreams

Post by Flapjack » Sun May 05, 2019 1:23 am

I think the dream was about Singapore. They have exactly what I described there. Maybe, I’ll be traveling in the near future. I hope so. I’m graduating in May with a masters degree in physics. It completely sucked. I don’t even want to be a scientist anymore. I took some computer programming classes my last two semesters. Hopefully, that will be enough to get me somewhere. Who knows. I am considering teaching english abroad. Maybe, in Singapore.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun May 05, 2019 1:24 am

I’ve been a teaching assistant and a tutor for like 4 years. So, I think there is a decent chance I could get into one of those teaching gigs.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun May 05, 2019 1:28 am

Well, I’ve been a teaching assistant for two years, I was a student teacher for two years during my undergrad, and I also did some tutoring and mentoring here and there. Imagine someone being mentored by me? It happened. I hate school, and I don’t want to have anything to do with it anymore. I just think it sounds cool to travel abroad, I’d have a decent and easy job and maybe I could get into something worthwhile on the side.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun May 05, 2019 1:36 am

It’s called the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. It’s a little smaller than what I dreamt, but it has to be it. I must have dreamt of the Marina Sands Hotel. I don’t think there’s anything else like it. I wonder why I dreamt of it.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun May 05, 2019 1:39 am

The one in my dream looked bigger, but it is some kind of premonition, because it actually exists. Maybe, I should go to Singapore.

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm

I actually got a job as a consultant at the marriott, but thanks to corona virus I'm unemployed again.

The economy was awesome. Was it not? I got a job as a consultant with absolutely no experience or any idea what I was doing.

That job kind of sucked, though. The pay was good but I was pretty much working not stop. I didn't particularly enjoy what I was doing, either.

I want to be a software developer, now. Maybe, make video games or something. I got pretty good at Python chasing the data science career path, but realized I like coding more than what is required for data science. I'm building a website on github and planning to post a cool little project involving search algorithms.

You guys have always been pretty nice to me despite my obvious autistic and impulsive behavior. It's nice to stop by and talk to myself. I never thought I'd cum this far in life.