Reconnecting with old friends from edot

General Chit-Chat and New Member hellos.

Reconnecting with old friends from edot

Postby diamorph_4life » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:22 am

Hey guys

For whatever reason (not sure how site setup) I was unable to reset the password to my original account so went ahead and made a new one with a name in a similar fashion. For the best anyway since I no longer smoke Marijuana, especially to the extreme that I once had haha.

This is 420_4life for anyone still wondering. For any of my old friends or anyone who remembers the great conversations everyone on the site had make a little post with some life updates, what you remember most about our interactions etc.

Hope everyone has been doing ok.

Peace!
diamorph_4life

Re: Reconnecting with old friends from edot

Postby Flapjack » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:22 am

I remember shit posting a lot. I wish more people would have tried to correct me. It was fun to speak to some of you guys, though. I thought I was spiritually wise, for some reason. I was and still am, in reality, an idiot. I used to trip out on DXM like every weekend and smoke a crap ton of weed. I never actually tried entheogens other than mushrooms twice in my life and some other random crap like kratom and other things I don't remember. I haven't smoked weed in probably more than a year. Maybe two years. I don't know. I don't like to drink anymore, either. I don't do any drugs at all anymore, except an energy drink every now and then. Sometimes, I feel like I want to smoke crack, get high or chug a bottle of robo, because I'm stressed out, but I never do.

I am graduating from some shit hole state university with a master's degree in physics this year in May. I've no idea what the hell I am doing with my life. My current goal is to become a data analyst. I am trying to teach myself programming and stuff for the next 4 months, so when I graduate I can at least say I am familiar with Python, R, SQL, and maybe AI, and maybe have some kind of data project idk. I don't think I can cram that much into 4 months, though. I did a thesis project for my master's that involved a lot of data analysis, but at a really novice level. It seems completely stupid and irrelevant to the world, but it did give me the idea to become a data analyst. I told my adviser that I'm not doing this irrelevant shit anymore. He said cool, just try to write up what you have. I'm good with that. Anyway, I am basically ranting, but my current status is a little stressful. I just want to analyze data at an insurance or financial company. I think that would be dope. I had a phone interview last week to be a data analyst at some insurance company in California, but they said my coding skills are not up to par. I said bitch give me two months, I can learn whatever the hell you need. It can't be that hard. They gave me two months. I hope I get it. I don't think entry level data analysts are doing serious coding, anyway. ... I don't know. Sometimes, I think I want to smoke weed again. If I get that job in Cali, I for sure will.

I applied to some government research jobs because of my physics background, but I am more interested in the financial industry. The government jobs are good, but they are hard to get into and are really invasive. My credit is jacked and I have a criminal history from years ago. If they actually want to hire someone who is a potential threat to national security, than great, but I'm not counting on it.
Flapjack

Return to The eNet Social Forum